Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Multiple - Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone (AG) & Extract

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #991
RIT_Warrior
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
Just put mine into secondary this morning. The sample tasted good, but not as hoppy as I was expecting. I did the extract (full boil with the all-grain hop schedule). This is just my second batch. Can't wait to see what the dry-hopping will add.
The sweetness of the wort always cuts the hops quite a bit, no matter how many hops you added in the boil. When the SG drops you'll taste them loud and clear.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #992
tnshurtm
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have all of the ingredients in my online shopping cart but I can only find simco leaf hops. Is it alright to mix the leaf and pellet while adding them? Should I do anything different?

Thanks,

Marc

Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #993
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 3856 Times on 2817 Posts
Likes Given: 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnshurtm View Post
I have all of the ingredients in my online shopping cart but I can only find simco leaf hops. Is it alright to mix the leaf and pellet while adding them? Should I do anything different?

Thanks,

Marc
Sure, that'd be fine!

Old 05-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #994
OlRed
Recipes 

Hey Yooper,

I just brewed up this recipe last night (extract style) and I have a few concerns. My LHBS did not have Crystal 40 so I used 45 instead but otherwise everything else was the same. During the steep, my temp reached 165 for a minute or two before I was able to get it down to between 155 and 160. Also, I got the wort down to 74F (1.080 OG) before pitching nottingham yeast and then i put the fermenter into a swamp cooler with a wet shirt and a few frozen water bottles. I did this at around 10pm last night. This morning the temp on the fermenter is 61F and no bubbles yet. I was just wondering if this was too cold of a fermentation temp or will the yeast eventually kick in gear? Thanks for the recipe and any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by OlRed; 05-15-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #995
paraordnance
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts

did anybody tried this recipe with wyeast 2565? I have it on hands and think kolsch yeast will really bring forward malt and hops profile

Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #996
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlRed View Post
Hey Yooper,

I just brewed up this recipe last night (extract style) and I have a few concerns. My LHBS did not have Crystal 40 so I used 45 instead but otherwise everything else was the same. During the steep, my temp reached 165 for a minute or two before I was able to get it down to between 155 and 160. Also, I got the wort down to 74F (1.080 OG) before pitching nottingham yeast and then i put the fermenter into a swamp cooler with a wet shirt and a few frozen water bottles. I did this at around 10pm last night. This morning the temp on the fermenter is 61F and no bubbles yet. I was just wondering if this was too cold of a fermentation temp or will the yeast eventually kick in gear? Thanks for the recipe and any advice would be appreciated.
I just saw this, so I'm sure the yeast is well underway (probably about finished) by now. Sorry about that!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #997
Jamison
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just opened the first bottle yesterday. Fantastic! I had to make a couple minor tweaks due to only having 1 oz. of Amarillo. I wanted to see if I could improve the head over my first brew so I added a half pound of carapils and carbed with Munton's KreamyX. Head is great with pretty good lacing. I read after the fact that there is some debate whether steeping Carapils is beneficial or not. I would definitely use the Munton's again.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #998
OlRed
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I just saw this, so I'm sure the yeast is well underway (probably about finished) by now. Sorry about that!
Yes, the yeast are well on their way. Thanks for the recipe. Since I had a OG of 1.080, how long would you suggest letting it go in the primary? Primary is sitting at 63*F, by the way.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #999
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlRed View Post
Yes, the yeast are well on their way. Thanks for the recipe. Since I had a OG of 1.080, how long would you suggest letting it go in the primary? Primary is sitting at 63*F, by the way.
I always do about two weeks or so, before dryhopping.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #1000
Warwick316
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I brewed this beer back in April and just poured the first pint. It's a little different than the original (since my LHBS didn't have simcoe), but man it is a great tasting IPA. I love this beer, I have never had a DFH brew (since we can't get it here in Utah), but I think that this could be better.... Thanks Yooper for this recipe. I will brew this again for sure...

Quick Reply