Originally Posted by kpr121
I brewed the OP's recipe to a T this weekend, scaled to 11 gallons but came up a little short on gravity (1.060) - My final volume was approximately 11.5 gallons, and lost about a 1/2 to the hops so I am not to disappointed with my efficiency.
I've had a Bell's Oberon harvest stepping up over the last 2 weeks, started with about 8-10 bottle dregs worth and it was approximately 4L before I pitched it. I just pitched the yeast last night. What temperature does every ferment the Bells strain at? I have the temp controller set to 63 right now.
Just an update...I started ferment at 63, and ramped up to 70 over 10 days (a couple degrees every couple days that I was around the ferm chamber. FG was 1.012. Kept both fermenters in primary for a total of 3 weeks, over the past week I dryhopped the first with 1.5 oz of Centennial.
Just kegged that one tonight after 3 days cold crash, WOW! Great flavor and aroma! It seemed a little hot but I imagine that will go away in the keg and with some carbonation.
Im not ready to say that it is a dead ringer clone, but it is going to be one of the better IPA's I've made for sure. Time shall tell! Plus I have the other fermenter, I will probably let that sit on the primary cake for another week or so, dont want to dry hop too early....