Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > All-Grain - Belgian Slut - Belgian IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
Riffraff3055
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey guys, sorry I have taken so long to post the tasting notes from my silver medal win last fall. I have typed them up below.

I just rebrewed this beer to submit to a local brewery for consideration in the GABF pro-am. If they pick my beer from a field of six or sever other local brewers we would brew a commercial-size batch and submit that to the competition.

Wish me luck!

Patrick

Tasting Notes from The Dominion Cup 2011:
Category: 16E
Sub-category: Belgian Specialty
Final assigned score: 37/50

Aroma: 8/10
Strong hop aroma, bit piney some citrus, some underlying biscuit notes, very subdued. Touch of tartness. Low spice and esters - some lemon might be there. Hops are very American in style.

Appearance: 3/3
Copper. Clear. Thick, off-white, persistent head.

Flavor: 15/20
Flavor has more Belgian notes that compliment the Belgian quality nicely. Spicey and fruity with hop flavor in balance. Malt is toasty and biscuity; clove and pine, grapefruit citrus come together well. Not overdone. Sugars are light - might have helped dry it out. Finishes dry and hoppy.

Mouthfeel: 3/5
Medium body - could be thinner especially if candi sugars played a role. Creamy but not cloying. Smooth.

Overall Impression: 8/10
Very nice Belgian IPA with enough hops but not overdone. Good balance. Nice overall.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #22
drunken_beard
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

I don't quite have the equipment yet for an all-grain batch. Can I get some help with making this partial-grain?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply