Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 03:27 AM   #201
WestCoastHopper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, if that wort I just put in the carboy is anything to go by, this is going to be nice! Just threw this together at the last minute, but had to sub Zeus for warrior. Everything went ok, though I had a hell of a time maintaining my mash temp. Had to add a quart at 30m to bring it up (somehow it dipped below 150 in a preheated cooler tun, in a heated basement).

Thanks again for the recipe Ed, I love your work (I am currently enjoying your robust porter.

Primary 3 Air
KeggedApfelwein, Air :(
Bottled Apfelwein, Da Yopper Pale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #202
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I just tapped another keg of this and once again I am shocked at how good it is. We were out the other night drinking several different commercial IPA's including $9 pints of racer 5 cask and I still think my (Edwort's) IPA is better. We also have a keg of the Rye IPA on tap and it's also fantastic. The other night we opened a few bottle's of robust porter that I added some honey brandy to (a nice twist to the bourbon barrel porter) and they were incredible. Every recipe of your's that I have made is great. I always have your pale ale and IPA on tap and then throw in the Rye every couple batches. I haven't had one person yet that didn't love the pale ale and IPA.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #203
rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Not really. These days I ferment 10 days to two weeks. Dry hop another 10 days, then on gas for 1 week to carb and it keeps getting better till about 8 weeks.

Yep, it's about 8 weeks before I drink a batch of a beer these days and the patience is worth it.

You could rush things into 4 weeks, but you would have green beer IMHO.
Does this mean that you don't put any CO2 pressure in your keg during the 10 day dry hop? What about the airspace above the beer in the keg? Does that create an oxidation issue? Sorry if I'm asking an already answered question, but this thread has a little mileage on it.

NB Pirate's Plunder India Dark Ale - needs more hops.
NB Black IPA - bumped dry hop from 2 is to 5 oz. I'm pretty sure that 1 oz per gallon is my new minimum for dry hopping.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #204
hoppheadIPA
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm brewing this recipe saturday morning. Although I can't find warrior. Luckily I have a pound of nugget in the freezer which I'm subbing in. Also I'm using WLP001 instead of 05. The 1200ml starter is happily spinning on my stir plate!!! Oh and I'm also adding 1/2 ounce of centennial at flame out. I'll keep you updated.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #205
hoppheadIPA
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well I undershot my gravity by 7 points!!!! I really messed up my measurements. Oh well I'll just have a session IPA. My OG was 1.057.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:57 PM   #206
Stockspeed3
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was going to brew this or dogfish head 60min. I went to the store with both recipe and after much thought I decided to do DFH 60min. After getting the grains and hops something didn't seem right so I looked at the recipe again and realized I grabbed this recipe not the DFH. But I'm sure it will be just as good if not better. Thanks for the recipe.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #207
Stockspeed3
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I brewed this 01-02-12 and its been going nuts in the fermenting chamber. Cant wait to get this in the keg. I WANT IT NOW!!! I hope its good.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #208
hoppheadIPA
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Mine's been in primary for 2 weeks now. Fermentation is done @ 1.014. I usually let it sit 3 weeks in primary. Should I crash in primary then keg? Or crash in secondary and keg? I can't wait to dry hop this thing!!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #209
LarsonLE
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I just brewed this today. I had a little bit less in the carboy after all said and done so I added a half gallon of water and hit my OG at 1.062 (as beercalculus said). I lowered the bittering hops just a tad and this thing is looking good to go!

Can't wait, thanks for the recipe, Edwort!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #210
Iqbal624
Recipes 

I'm excited to try this recipe. I bought the grains and hops for it today and am going to brew it this coming weekend assuming I can get my Keggle ready and get a burner in time.

I'm really excited to try my first AG brew and also am excited to try this awesome recipe. I bought Amarillo instead of Warrior. I'm doing BIAB. Seems like the way to go for me. For now anyways.

I'll update the thread with any details. Thanks for the recipe!

Keg 2: Chinook IPA
Keg 3: Air

On Deck: Anay Black IPA

Batches attempted: 3

Quick Reply