Badfish IIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
US-05
Yeast Starter
no
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
no
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
1.010 - 1.014
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
13 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
65f for 19 days
Additional Fermentation
Dry Hop 7 days
Tasting Notes
Tropical fruit...Tangerine, Pineapple, Mango, Grapefruit, Subtle spicy piney notes.
After repeatedly brewing this recipe and getting consistently good feedback from home and pro brewers as well as random strangers at beer festivals its ready to post up here. Lots of tropical hop flavor with a smooth bitterness. The abv is in the IIPA range while the IBUs are in the upper end of the style for an American IPA. So it kind of falls in between the two. Hope you enjoy!!! Heres to you Bobby RIP

BADFISH IIPA

Grain Bill......single infusion mash @ 155f for 60mins.

18# 2Row
2# C60
.5# Carapils
.5# White Wheat

Boil Schedule

1oz Simcoe @ 60min

1# Table Sugar or Clear Belgian Candi Sugar @ 30min. ***If you like a dryer IPA use table sugar. If you like a sweeter IPA with more body use Belgian Candi Sugar.***

Irish Moss @ 15min
2oz Centennial @ 15min
1oz Citra @ 10min
1oz Amarillo @ 10min
1oz Citra @ 5min
1oz Amarillo @ 5min
1oz Citra @ flameout
1oz Amarillo @ flameout

Dry Hop

2oz Citra and 1oz Amarillo.

I brewed this a while back and I just wanted to say that this is an awesome beer. Don't be concerned about the high mash temp, it's not an issue. This was my first time using Simcoe and Citra. Amazing hops, they are. Definitely give this recipe a try if you're in the mood for an IIPA on the sweeter side.

Wow I just realized how much info I forgot....

Batch size 6gal
OG 1.096
FG 1.010-1.014 depends on candi or table sugar
Yeast 2 packs US05
IBU 69

Can't remember the SRM off the top of my head at the moment. I'll update it when I get the chance.

Back