Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > India Pale Ale > Extract - All Amarillo IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #371
hogwash
Minimally Exceptional
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 16

This weekend I'm going to brew the all grain version of this found on page 7 of this thread but I'm adding a half ounce of Simcoe to all of the late boil additions and an ounce to the dry hops. I'm also using Columbus for the bittering. Will post back with results in a month or so.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #372
bgallagher
Recipes 

I am new to homebrewing and this is the first recipe I tried. I brewed it just over a week ago and transferred it to my secondary a couple of days ago. It seems like it's gonna be a nice beer when it's done. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for when to transfer this from my secondary to my kornelius keg and also how long I should let it condition in the keg before drinking?

Thanks

Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #373
hogwash
Minimally Exceptional
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwash View Post
This weekend I'm going to brew the all grain version of this found on page 7 of this thread but I'm adding a half ounce of Simcoe to all of the late boil additions and an ounce to the dry hops. I'm also using Columbus for the bittering. Will post back with results in a month or so.
I never posted again on this. This was probably my tastiest IPA to date and only lasted a few weeks. The simcoe was a touch too much, even at a half ounce in the late additions, if I brew it again I'll back those down even more. Great base recipe to play around with hop additions. I may use it again to try different pairings with the amarillo or just brew the original recipe with all amarillo. Thanks for coming up with this one!

Old 01-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #374
sacrifice
Huh?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For my first brew of 2014, I am doing this one again (for the 4th time). As with previous batches, using German Pilsner and adding the first 1.5 oz. of Amarillo at 80 minutes. Should be fun!

Quick Reply