Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Stout > All-Grain - Left Hand Milk Stout Clone

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #401
mufflerbearing
Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mufflerbearing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 221
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default


I will leave alone. This will be my next brew.

__________________
KCCO
Fatty Oval Brewing
mufflerbearing is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #402
coyote68
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
 
coyote68's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clune
Posts: 875
Liked 111 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default


Brewed this yesterday. got a bottle in the SS swap. most excellent.

__________________
coyote68 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #403
kurds_2408
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Default


hey guys. Living in Longmont, CO just a couple miles from Left Hand and loving Nitro figured I gotta make this one. Only done extract so far so was looking for an extract version of this. I read all the pages and while several people say they made an extract version there is only one recipe and that guy had questions about his recipe but didn't see any answers. So just wondering if anyone had an extract recipe or if the one on here is good? My swmbo doesn't like stouts so while her beer is in the big carboy I'll just be making a one gallon batch to start with.

__________________
kurds_2408 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #404
brewski09
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: columbus
Posts: 650
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by kurds_2408 View Post
hey guys. Living in Longmont, CO just a couple miles from Left Hand and loving Nitro figured I gotta make this one. Only done extract so far so was looking for an extract version of this. I read all the pages and while several people say they made an extract version there is only one recipe and that guy had questions about his recipe but didn't see any answers. So just wondering if anyone had an extract recipe or if the one on here is good? My swmbo doesn't like stouts so while her beer is in the big carboy I'll just be making a one gallon batch to start with.

Use a light extract like the briess cube golden light lme and add your specialty grains for a 30 minute steep at 150. Just remember to reduce some of the low crystals (less than 60L) to account for the crystals in the lme.
__________________
brewski09 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #405
MrFeltimo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Easton
Posts: 154
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default


Brewed this 1 month ago, tested fg today, 1.022, tasted hydro sample, good, very, very good, can't wait to get it carbed up.
Thanks for the receipe.
Dan

__________________
Primary:Special Bitter.
Secondary: Hard SIGHder.< FYI, BLOODY FANTASTIC.
Bottled: Mild, Cider.
Kegged:Blond Ale.
Future brews: Edworts Robust Porter.
MrFeltimo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #406
TheSmithsEra
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheSmithsEra's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellflower
Posts: 477
Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by kurds_2408 View Post
hey guys. Living in Longmont, CO just a couple miles from Left Hand and loving Nitro figured I gotta make this one. Only done extract so far so was looking for an extract version of this. I read all the pages and while several people say they made an extract version there is only one recipe and that guy had questions about his recipe but didn't see any answers. So just wondering if anyone had an extract recipe or if the one on here is good? My swmbo doesn't like stouts so while her beer is in the big carboy I'll just be making a one gallon batch to start with.
For some reason no one is commenting on an extract version. However i am going to brew the version on page 5. Now, after talking to my friend that's from Colorado he told me that i should increase the lactose taste as is compared to the Sweet Stout I made from AHS.

so i'm going to brew the extract recipe on here and add 1 pound of lactose in the boil and .75 pound at bottling along with my priming sugar.

if that is retarded please let me know before tomorrow
__________________

Violence … is the last refuge of the incompetent


Primary: Dunkelweiss

Bottled: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/left...-clone-139820/

TheSmithsEra is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #407
insanim8er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
 
insanim8er's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon City
Posts: 1,588
Liked 320 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmithsEra View Post
For some reason no one is commenting on an extract version. However i am going to brew the version on page 5. Now, after talking to my friend that's from Colorado he told me that i should increase the lactose taste as is compared to the Sweet Stout I made from AHS.

so i'm going to brew the extract recipe on here and add 1 pound of lactose in the boil and .75 pound at bottling along with my priming sugar.

if that is retarded please let me know before tomorrow
Personally I think it's too much lactose. You should make it first, then make additions.

Regardless, add all your lactose during the boil. It makes no sense to separate it and add it at bottling. It's more work and gives a higher chance of infection.
__________________
My Cheap and Easy DIY sanke keg fermenter conversion
insanim8er is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #408
TheSmithsEra
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheSmithsEra's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellflower
Posts: 477
Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by insanim8er View Post
Personally I think it's too much lactose. You should make it first, then make additions.

Regardless, add all your lactose during the boil. It makes no sense to separate it and add it at bottling. It's more work and gives a higher chance of infection.
ok that makes sense. i'll stick to 1# and add it all during the boil, thank you
__________________

Violence … is the last refuge of the incompetent


Primary: Dunkelweiss

Bottled: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/left...-clone-139820/

TheSmithsEra is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #409
D_Nyholm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sayville
Posts: 1,120
Liked 66 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmithsEra View Post
For some reason no one is commenting on an extract version. However i am going to brew the version on page 5. Now, after talking to my friend that's from Colorado he told me that i should increase the lactose taste as is compared to the Sweet Stout I made from AHS.

so i'm going to brew the extract recipe on here and add 1 pound of lactose in the boil and .75 pound at bottling along with my priming sugar.

if that is retarded please let me know before tomorrow
I added an extra 4 oz to mine unintentionally and it came out too sweet for my taste. Still a damn good beer but after 1 or 2 it became too much sweetness.
__________________
D_Nyholm is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #410
TheSmithsEra
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheSmithsEra's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellflower
Posts: 477
Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm View Post
I added an extra 4 oz to mine unintentionally and it came out too sweet for my taste. Still a damn good beer but after 1 or 2 it became too much sweetness.
ok wow, i'm glad i double checked. thanks!
__________________

Violence … is the last refuge of the incompetent


Primary: Dunkelweiss

Bottled: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/left...-clone-139820/

TheSmithsEra is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Left hand Blackjack pickles Recipes/Ingredients 1 10-20-2011 10:32 PM
Left Hand Milk Stout Clone UTbrewer Recipes/Ingredients 7 08-02-2011 06:29 PM
right hand left hand adapter Arrogant Bottling/Kegging 3 03-08-2009 04:37 PM
Left Hand Stout.. Jeepnbrew Recipes/Ingredients 11 02-28-2009 03:24 PM
Left Hand Brewing Clone ArroganceFan Recipes/Ingredients 0 10-13-2007 07:12 PM