Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Stout > Multiple - Deception Cream Stout

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #841
DrummerBoySeth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCrap View Post
Got the ingredients for this today.... Brewing it this sat. How long do you condition it
This beer is ready relatively quickly. I found mine to be quite tasty after only 2 weeks in the fermenter and 3 weeks in bottles. Longer aging times will help (it ages well), but the relatively average gravity means that extended aging is not NEEDED for the beer to be really good.

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #842
HBrew71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCrap View Post
Got the ingredients for this today.... Brewing it this sat. How long do you condition it
I keg conditioned my first batch 2+ months. Second batch 7+ months. Both were good. But guess which one was better.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #843
Larzean
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I made this a month or so ago & followed the recipe exactly. I love it & brought it to a party of normal corona/bud drinkers & it went over really well with people there as well, even a guy who NEVER drinks had a few and liked it!

My question, and my apologies if its already been answered (I did read the whole thread awhile ago...) my girlfriends friend is asking me for a "chocolate" beer.. I was thinking of doing this recipe again but adding nibs to my fermenter & maybe upping the lactose to a pound. Any idea on how that would turn out?

Old 03-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #844
OhCrap
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBrew71

I keg conditioned my first batch 2+ months. Second batch 7+ months. Both were good. But guess which one was better.
Ty...longer is better as usual
3 is enough &
4 ISN'T half enough

Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #845
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Brewed the all grain version of this today with GREAT success! OG turned out 1.061 with an even 5 gallon batch. Initial tasting (from the wine thief) was AMAZING! Nice work NCBeernut! Can't wait for a month to roll on by to try this thing at the next tasting when bottling hehe...

Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #846
Mcbobs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzean View Post
My question, and my apologies if its already been answered (I did read the whole thread awhile ago...) my girlfriends friend is asking me for a "chocolate" beer.. I was thinking of doing this recipe again but adding nibs to my fermenter & maybe upping the lactose to a pound. Any idea on how that would turn out?
You'll never know unless you try it!

Sounds pretty tasty to me though....

Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #847
DrummerBoySeth
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzean View Post
I made this a month or so ago & followed the recipe exactly. I love it & brought it to a party of normal corona/bud drinkers & it went over really well with people there as well, even a guy who NEVER drinks had a few and liked it!

I suspect that would work VERY well. I have brewed this beer as-is, and it turned out VERY good. Adding nibs to secondary and sweetening with a little more lactose should make an EXCELLENT chocolate/dessert beer.

Let me know how it turns out, because I had the EXACT same idea!!! I want to try that variation next time.

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #848
mikecshultz
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoySeth

I suspect that would work VERY well. I have brewed this beer as-is, and it turned out VERY good. Adding nibs to secondary and sweetening with a little more lactose should make an EXCELLENT chocolate/dessert beer.

Let me know how it turns out, because I had the EXACT same idea!!! I want to try that variation next time.
I added 8 oz of cocoa nibs in the secondary for a week after soaking them in a cup of vanilla rum overnight. Made it deliciously chocolatey.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #849
OhCrap
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts

Was supposed to do this last sat but Doing it on Monday. I was going through my store (organising all the ingredients) and came across some oak chips. I'm not sure i want to mess with a proven recipe but if I suddenly, at the last minute, decide to add some chips to secondary, how much would be enough and how badly would I ruin the taste?

Should I do it or not?

3 is enough &
4 ISN'T half enough

Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #850
funkadelicturkey
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 2550

Brewed the Deception Cream Stout today, OG = 1.062, 5.25 gallons. Pitched Pacman. Thanks NCBeernut!

Quick Reply