Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Stout > Extract - DC Raspberry Stout

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #61
fauxtoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just completed a brew of this yesterday, can't wait to try it out in about 6 weeks.

My OG was 1.059, I think because the candi syrup I used was a bit dried out and I lost about 1/8 of it in the container.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #62
fauxtoe
Recipes 

stout.jpg

Picture of the serious fermentation taking place. Using a yeast starter is very noticeable compared to my other brews

Old 05-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #63
Nantana
Recipes 

what is the difference between D2 and D 45 Belgian candi syrup? if it is just colour why do you use such a light one in a stout?

Old 05-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
fauxtoe
Recipes 

The difference in syrups also results in a different taste, here is a link to describe it better:

http://www.candisyrup.com/

I actually used the wrong syrup in mine that is currently in the late stages of the primary so I will let you/everyone know how it turns our using a very light syrup in a month or two.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
Elysium
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpdogg View Post
Thanks for posting this recipe! I just picked up all of the brew-day ingredients, except the vanilla beans, which I need to get on NOW, and can't wait to get this one going. I just have one quick comment and question ...

You might want to warn people that the price tag on this one is pretty high. The Belgian D2 syrup was ~$17 at my LHBS and the puree appears to be ~$15+ via online searches. I'm not trying to be a cheap bastard, but this one was quite a step up from the extract kits I previously brewed. =P I'll help out and post a final cost once I get everything tallied up.

So your posting was ~4wks or so ago ... how is it coming along? I'd like to hear about your samplings and see if you'd do anything different after looking back at your experience.

Thanks again, and I look forward to trying this one out!
Hey. Tell us what the outcome was like? Did you like the brew?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #66
Hackinjeebs
Recipes 

I just did this with 5 lbs of frozen whole rasberries. I ended up dropping the vanilla and cocoa powder though. Tasted it prior to secondary and it was fantastic. So i opted to leave it as is and just keg it right there. I'll let it condition for a few weeks and let you know how it turns out. I don't believe in over complicating an already great brew so i left it where it is.

Quick Reply