Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Stout > All-Grain - Damned Kids Oatmeal Stout (AG)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #41
duffman2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sitting in a tub, bubbling happily away! But I too forgot the lactose. So I still add the same 1/2 pound? And I do it in the secondary? Or when and how can I add it?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #42
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3688 Times on 2271 Posts
Likes Given: 3193

I got a second place (behind a GREAT RIS) with this beer. And that is after lagering it and some other wacky stuff. For an oatmeal stout, this recipe will win.

Thanks Rhoobarb.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #43
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I got a second place (behind a GREAT RIS) with this beer. And that is after lagering it and some other wacky stuff. For an oatmeal stout, this recipe will win.

Thanks Rhoobarb.
Cool! That's really great. I guess I need to brew this again myself!

Yes, adjust the mash/sparge to your system. I have since replaced the mash tun and usually brew ten gallons, so I will be adjusting next time I brew this.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #44
twelfthman01
Recipes 

About to brew this... Looks fantastic and figured I'd revive the dead - getting cold, time for stout!

I have an Oat Stout house beer I brew that I love, but I've been dying to try toasted/roasted oats, plus I think the Carafa will make this drinkable quicker!

I'm probably going to use 2 different yeast strains though:

1762 makes a killer Belgian Stout (ferment at 64 for slight plum and dark fruit esters)

and

yeast #2 contemplating:

Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire

It will produce famously balanced beers with a full chewy malt flavor and character, but finish dry with moderate nutty and stone-fruit esters.

but also still thinking of 1056/US-05 as it is a fast and super reliable fermenter, producing solid beers.

Quick Reply