Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > English Brown Ale > All-Grain - Mild Mannered Ale (AG) (E) UK/US

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #291
HossTheGreat
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Mine ended up right around 1.017 though it doesn't taste too sweet at all. In fact if it were any drier, I think the beer might have turned out a little too thin. I mashed right around 155, so maybe the higher mash temp and the high percentage of crystal malt led to a less fermentable wort. I had the same problem with Jamil's mild recipe, though that one turned out great as well. Looking forward to this one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #292
PattyC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsul View Post
You'd lose some of the esters that make British beers great, but I bet it would still be awesome!

Nottingham is really clean as British yeasts go so it won't make that much of a difference.
Do you typically rehydrate your dry yeast?

Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #293
PattyC
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 5 Posts

Ooops, that wasn't clear. What I meant was, are people rehydrating dry yeast for this recipe? Just curious because of the lower gravity.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #294
BrandonBrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I use Nottingham for this recipe and rehydrate. I am going to brew it again tomorrow using a starter of Fullers yeast.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #295
Echoloc8
Acolyte of Fermentalism
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Made this pretty much exactly (Notty, all-grain, etc.), based on Beersmith's 5 gal auto-conversion from the posted recipe file, about a month ago. Fantastic recipe, and clear enough to read through with the Whirlfloc tablet I threw into the boil.

Will definitely be making it regularly, and it may get a quasi-dedicated place in the kegerator.

Thanks to Orfy for posting it!

-Rich

Old 05-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #296
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 455 Times on 358 Posts

Brewed this Friday with a couple changes (used stuff I had on hand instead of ordering yeast and hops). Used 002that had been in my fridge since 10/11, and used willamette instead of fuggles. Grain bill stayed the same. Used my small biab system and grabbed 6g of 1.040 wort. Pulling for this to be great so I can do 15g on the big system. If not, I'll order the correct ingredients.

Mikeysab on untappd.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #297
BrandonBrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Fear not. It will be great. I have brewed it with Willamettes and it turned out great. And I usually use Fullers strain from a local Brewery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Brewed this Friday with a couple changes (used stuff I had on hand instead of ordering yeast and hops). Used 002that had been in my fridge since 10/11, and used willamette instead of fuggles. Grain bill stayed the same. Used my small biab system and grabbed 6g of 1.040 wort. Pulling for this to be great so I can do 15g on the big system. If not, I'll order the correct ingredients.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #298
grimstuff
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Just brewed 15 gallons for a family camping trip using WLP005 harvested from an EPA two months ago, and Willamette instead of Fuggle. OG was 1.035. I read how fast this beer is ready, but seeing as how the trip is only 2 weeks away, I'm definitely pushing it. I'll be bottling also, so i don't know if I have enough time for them to carb, especially at the recommended 1.8 volumes or whatever.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #299
FlyDoctor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Is his a recipe for quick turn around or for bottle bombs? Joking, but be careful that it is fully fermented at least before bottling.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #300
grimstuff
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDoctor View Post
Is his a recipe for quick turn around or for bottle bombs? Joking, but be careful that it is fully fermented at least before bottling.
I will... I'll do the 3 days in a row hydrometer thing (I usually just wait a month in primary and then bottle). It went from 1.035 to 1.012 in 2.5 days, so I think I'm getting down pretty quick.

Quick Reply