Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > English Brown Ale > All-Grain - March Brown Mild

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #51
BrewToppers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Based on all the comments here I decided I had to try this recipe out! Unfortunately, I went down to my LHBS and they didn't have most of the British grains (which is to be expected?). Luckily, they recommended good substitutions and I was able to get 2/5 called for malts. I grabbed Magnum hops and WLP013 London Ale yeast and headed home also with my new Blichmann burner — finally got my own!

Everything went according to plan and after chilling the wort I pulled up a sample in my wine thief and the O.G. was spot on at 1.036. I threw the yeast starter in that I began ~36 hours before and later tonight it's already humming along at a nice fermentation.

I should mention that I pulled the airlock off and gave it a smell... absolutely amazing smell of molasses. Anyone else get that on theirs?

Thanks again for the recipe flyangler18!
Cheers,
Ben

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #52
Pickngrin
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

BrewToppers - Congrats on the new burner and on hitting the OG spot on! I don't recall a molasses scent emanating from the airlock, but I brewed this quite awhile ago. I need to brew this again, though I need to get a secondary regulator so that it doesn't get overcarbed (to a usual pale ale level) next time. You will enjoy this tasty brew, I'm sure.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #53
Stevo2569
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Can anyone help me with a partial mash or extract version of this? I'm not really set up for all grain yet. Thanks

Old 08-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #54
BeerMe82
Recipes 

Arrg, it seems that every good recipe I find turns out to be a gallon or tow over my brew pot volume. How can I mod these directions to end up with 5.5 or so gallons to ferment? My brew pot only holds 7.5 gal.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #55
Pickngrin
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You could Brewsmith or a brewing calculator to scale the ingredients slightly.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #56
kroach01
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 35

This is an excellent recipe. I'm enjoying a pint now and I love it. It's a bit young and could use slightly more carbonation at this point but this might be a regular brew for me.
Any opinions on adding 0.5# victory to this recipe? I was thinking it could only add to the aroma and flavor of this brew and doesn't increase the ABV beyond the style

Quick Reply