Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > English Brown Ale > Extract - The Kings Nutz Imperial Nut Brown Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #11
Suthrncomfrt1884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The only thing it should effect would be the hops. You'd need to adjust the amount of hops so you'd get the same amount of IBUs.

Another HERMS rig...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Aschecte
Brewtus Maximus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 39

This looks great I just picked up a 6 1/2 gallon secondary carboy this will be my next recipe. Thanks for the great recipe !!!! I let everyone know in appx 7 months how it turns out.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
casey914
Recipes 

finally brewing this today. thanks for your assistance over PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
nefarious_1_
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm thinking about giving this recipe a try, but I've heard a lot of bad things about Argentine cascade... I noticed that the recipe calls for very little and only for bittering in comparison to recipes others have used who consider the hops to be horrible ie. IPA hop-bombs. To me, this recipe looks great...
Can anyone who's brewed it give me some feedback?

Also, the Argentine is kind of hard to come by... Where can I get some?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #15
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_1_ View Post
I'm thinking about giving this recipe a try, but I've heard a lot of bad things about Argentine cascade... I noticed that the recipe calls for very little and only for bittering in comparison to recipes others have used who consider the hops to be horrible ie. IPA hop-bombs. To me, this recipe looks great...
Can anyone who's brewed it give me some feedback?

Also, the Argentine is kind of hard to come by... Where can I get some?
It's a bittering hop. It could be subbed out for just about anything else. Actually, if I brew this again, I'm going to brew it with all noble hops and see how I like it. Theres hardly any flavor in this as far as hops go though.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #16
nefarious_1_
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's what I figured. It seems the ones who strongly dislike the Argentines used them for flavor and aroma in addition to bittering. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try: the recipe looks nice.

BTW, since my last post I was able to locate a couple sources for them. Neither of my LHBSs carry them and none of the bigger online companies do either, but one place on ebay does and a couple other lesser known (to me) websites. Just hope they're fresh, given the seemingly limited supply...
I may just substitute them...

Old 06-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #17
nefarious_1_
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just pulled some Hallertau that's been sitting in my freezer for a while, probably sub these. Even though bittering hops don't add much flavor, I'd still like to retain some similar characteristics of the Argentine Cascades. The descriptions seems pretty close...

Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
D_Ranged_Eskimo
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Going to try this as my second extract brew this weekend.

I've got a couple of questions though. What type of Maple Syrup did you use for the brew? Would there be any serious or adverse effects to the taste and alcohol warmth fermenting this at 74 degrees?

This would be perfect to brew now and let sit until winter finally hits in Texas.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

74 degrees is going to change the flavor a little bit. I've actually been fermenting it at around 65F lately and it's a lot better. I'd say just let it age a little longer and you'll be fine. As for the Maple Syrup, it was grade B, but I'm not sure which brand I used...I'll have to check my notes when I get off work. As long as it's a good quality syrup, you'll be fine.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
D_Ranged_Eskimo
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just got done brewing this and getting ready to pitch the yeast. OG came in at 1.086, a little higher than your version. Tasting the syrup was the best part about making this beer!

Quick Reply