Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > English Brown Ale > All-Grain - Dark Brown Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Dwain
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Wrapping it with a towel to keep it dark is a good thing. Most people will tell you that 74F is a little high. There are several options. You can do the t shirt/water/fan thing and probably get it closer to 70F, maybe colder in Brooklyn. Keeping the temperature stable is important. I have found that I have better luck brewing/fermenting with what I have and then dialing in my process/recipe to fit what I like to drink. In other words, if 75F is the best you can do to ferment, you might want to tweak the recipe to help allow for the flavors that will come with that fermentation. I am a big fan of dark, malty highly hopped, strong ales. I'll normally take an English Brown recipe and tweak it to what I like. I'm not sure what you would call the final result. I call it a Texas Brown, but usually, I call it tasty. One of the beauties of this hobby is the endless things you can tweak to make a beer that you love to drink. And hey, if friends/family like it, so much the better. Luck - Dwain

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply