Well I made this recipe today, and with some of my silly errors, I hope it comes out ok.
I wanted the more malty version so I figured I would mash at 158. I do BIAB, so I set my strike temperature to 163 which gives me 5 degrees to play with. When I mash at 154 I use a strike temperature of 160 so 5 to 6 degrees seems to work.
By the time I had all of the grain in the temperature was at 162, only one degree drop. so I stirred and waited and stirred until the temperature was at 157 and closed the kettle for the mash. I mashed for 60 minutes plus the time at the higher temperature. When the mas was finished my brewhouse efficiency was at 99%. Something is wrong for sure.
When the boil was complete the og was 1.050. I'm not sure how much of this will be fermentable sugar. We will have to see how it turns out. It smelled awesome and I'm sure it will taste awesome if it isn't too sweet.