Zombie Head Wheat Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edb

Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
Yeast
Safale 05
Yeast Starter
none
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
10 days at 65
Tasting Notes
Not Zombie Dust but a really fine quick and easy beer.
Zombie Head - American Wheat Ale with a strong hoppy flavor and aroma provided by Citra hops.

So this concoction was dreamed up by after finishing the last of my 3F GumballHead Clone and then having a 3F Zombie Dust. I wanted to shoot for a quick and super easy beer to make in a short period of time. I simplified my GBH clone and hopped it with Citra which is whats in Zombie Dust. I served this at an event hosted by my homebrew club, and it went over really well with the ppl at the event. I didnt tell my fellow brewers that this was an extract brew until after they tasted it, pretty funny to see the looks after I told them.

5 Gallon Batch

5lb Wheat DME
2.25 oz Crystal 10 *
2.25 oz Caravienne *
8oz Corn Sugar

All Hop additions are Citra 14.40% @ alpha

.5oz 60min
.5oz 6min
.5oz 4min
.5oz 1min

.5oz Dry hopped in the keg in a small mesh bag. If bottling dry hop in your secondary for 3 days.

Safale 05 - no hydration tossed straight into the fermenter
Started fermentation at 64 upped the temp to 68 after a couple days.

* basically when I brew I usually try to toss in left over ingredients from a previous batch all that this addition is for is a slight bit of body and head retention.

Back