Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Thirsty Goat Amber Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:33 AM   #11
maui808
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

This is fun, and I'm happy w/ it, in fact tonight there was a Hawaii Nui in the fridge, but I chose this! It's almost all gone!

It's a really easy drinking beer. I've been having one or two most every night since it carbed. I think more crystal, less chocolate, an English ale yeast plus a higher mash temp might be in the ballpark.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #12
Chippewa
Recipes 

Default Honey Addition

Thanks for this recipe SciNerd.

I had a handful of leftover grains to use, and I found this thread when I did a search for one recipe that included all of them (Biscuit, Chocolate, Crystal, Caramunich). I'm a partial masher, so I used my remaining grains + 1lb of dark munich, 7 lbs of pale extract, and tweaked it with 2 lbs of honey and Wyeast's Northwest Ale #1332.

I just boiled today, so I now begin the homebrewer's curse of the long wait. A quick taste after the boil had more honey taste than I expected. I'll get back in a few weeks with an update after the yeast does its thing.

Just thought I'd say thanks, and let you know that the recipe (plus an addition to lighten it up for summer) was being put to good use.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #13
scinerd3000
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippewa View Post
Thanks for this recipe SciNerd.

I had a handful of leftover grains to use, and I found this thread when I did a search for one recipe that included all of them (Biscuit, Chocolate, Crystal, Caramunich). I'm a partial masher, so I used my remaining grains + 1lb of dark munich, 7 lbs of pale extract, and tweaked it with 2 lbs of honey and Wyeast's Northwest Ale #1332.

I just boiled today, so I now begin the homebrewer's curse of the long wait. A quick taste after the boil had more honey taste than I expected. I'll get back in a few weeks with an update after the yeast does its thing.

Just thought I'd say thanks, and let you know that the recipe (plus an addition to lighten it up for summer) was being put to good use.
sounds good- also the honey will almost completely ferment out so don't worry. And the 1332 and the darm munich sound like interesting touches. Let me know how it comes out

Quick Reply