Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (Terrapin Rye Clone)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
Beerrific
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have not updated it since the CYBI came out, but IIRC it was very, very close. There might be a slight tweak in amount of hops, but I think that would be it. Spike had already done an interview on The Brewing Network before the CYBI where he gave the recipe. That is what I based this off of.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
EO74
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I ordered this recipe from brewmasters warehouse, and i was thinking of doing FWH with the 1 oz of goldings! I've never tried FWH but i think it would work with this recipe,what do you think?

Old 04-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
turtle
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

cowabunga!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 AM   #14
phull
Recipes 

I am attempting my first all grain batch tomorrow and using this recipe!

I have a few noob questions.

I am doing a 2.5 gal batch and have downloaded the trial version of promash and am trying to wrap my head around all the data. my grain bill is 6.77 lbs and my main concern is nailing the water amounts for the mash, mashout, and sparge. As of now I am planning on mashing with about 2.11 gallons and batch sparging with about 3 gallons. Is this anywhere close to what is needed?

I am sure the needed information is somewhere on the database and I have been searching nonstop but things are starting to run together and get confusing so I just wanted to get my head straight. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
PGHBrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Brewed this up this last weekend. Had to use Columbus instead of Bravo, and WGV's instead of EKG's. Being a big fan of Terapin rye I can't wait to try this beer. I'll be sure to post when I have some results.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #16
LarsonLE
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey guys I ordered a Terrapin Rye Pale Ale clone off of AHS, and it came with 2 oz of armarillo to dry hop. Do you think I should just dry hop with 1 oz like this recipe says, or the 2 oz that I have?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #17
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts

The Can You Brew It recipe, which should be the exact recipe scaled down, calls for about 1.25 oz of dry hop. When I made it, I thought 1 oz was enough and probably stronger than the stuff I compared it to. Hop aroma is the first thing to drop of when a beer sits on a store shelf. So, if you want it to match the Terrapin you get, probably go with 1 oz. Or do the 2oz and see how it changes over time.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #18
LarsonLE
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific View Post
The Can You Brew It recipe, which should be the exact recipe scaled down, calls for about 1.25 oz of dry hop. When I made it, I thought 1 oz was enough and probably stronger than the stuff I compared it to. Hop aroma is the first thing to drop of when a beer sits on a store shelf. So, if you want it to match the Terrapin you get, probably go with 1 oz. Or do the 2oz and see how it changes over time.
I will probably go ahead and do something like 1.25-1.5 oz of amarillo for the dry hop. I don't want it to be over kill. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #19
PGHBrew
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Kegged this a week ago. The sample tasted promising, I haven't had Terapin in a while but it definately tasted similar from what I remember. Another week or so on the gas and I'm ready to do a side by side. I will be sure to post my results.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #20
LarsonLE
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHBrew View Post
Kegged this a week ago. The sample tasted promising, I haven't had Terapin in a while but it definately tasted similar from what I remember. Another week or so on the gas and I'm ready to do a side by side. I will be sure to post my results.
How many oz of amarillo did you dry hop?

Quick Reply