Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Secondary Nevada Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
brewkinger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 199 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Default Secondary Nevada Pale Ale

Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: WY1056
Yeast Starter: 1.5L
Batch Size (Gallons): 5.5
Original Gravity: 1.046
Final Gravity: 1.010
IBU: 34.6
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Color: 7.3
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 14 @ 65
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 @ 68
Tasting Notes: Delicious

This was originally an attempt at an SNPA clone.

I had tasted about 3-4 different clone attempts over the last year or so and picked some peoples brains.

When it came time to make this, I discovered that I did not have the EXACT base malts that I had wanted, so I improvised and used some MO that I had on hand to complement the US 2 row.

It may not be an exact clone, but it is a damn fine tasting beer and I felt that I should share this as my first recipe on HBT.

I just noticed that it indicates in the BeerSmith recipe that I used my base water profile. I used Bru'n Water to bring the profile up to the Pale Ale profile in Brun.
Don't let the sulfate level scare ya, it works!

Attached Files
File Type: bsmx SNPA Clone.bsmx (20.6 KB, 41 views)

PRIMARY:
SECONDARY- Apple Cider (13 gallons)
CONDITIONING:
DRINKING: Hill Farmstead - my local brewery
DRINKING: Mish-Mash/End of Summer Ale
PLANNING: Dunny's Learn To Homebrew Day APA
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you will remember about me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply