Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Sacred Summit Pale Ale (AG) [[ Gold Medal and Best In Show ]]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #41
BeerAg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's gotta be different types of summit??

It can't be too related to water quality, because I have had one super-awesome batch and one ceaser salad batch from the same water.

What is in the summit that tastes like fresh cut onion?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #42
BeantownR6
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I know i should wait 3 weeks to open a bottle.....but 12 days ago i bottled the sacred summit and well it got the best of me.....put one in the freezer for 30 minutes and cracked it opened. was definatly not carbed, just barely but god dam this is one fine beer. i have to hand it to biermuncher he has some great recipes. ive never had a beer that tasted like this, it was like a jolly rancher citusy tangerine like pale ale. it was so dam good that i didn't care it was barley carbed. i am definatly going to experiment more with summit hops! now i gotta wait another week and a half knowing i have 5 gallons bottled of one of the best beers ive made so far!

my girlfriend loves the beer i make and she said, "wow you brewing like a pro i don't even like beer from the the store anymore"!

Last edited by BeantownR6; 03-26-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #43
BeantownR6
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

making 10 gallons of this today for my first 10g batch!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #44
nutty_gnome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Oh FUDGE! I am brewing 5 gallons of this beer now and tossed in my 15 min addition at 60 mins. Bugger-it-all! Looks like I'm making a Sacred-er Summit IPA? Looks like around 69 IBUs. Dang it all!

N_G
It could be worse.

Last edited by nutty_gnome; 04-13-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Fixed estimate of IBU

Old 05-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #45
nutty_gnome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I bottled this last night. Even though I screwed up the hop additions (put the 15 mins in at 60!) it seemed ok. Sure, it was a little bitter but it wasn't over the top and I know from experience that in two weeks it will be less bitter. The sweet orange smell from the dry hops is amazing! I am looking forward to trying this one when it matures.

N_G
It could be worse.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #46
nutty_gnome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

So now it it is july. This beer is super dry and very refreshing. I like it and i would try it again with the proper hop schedule if I had the chance.

N_G
It could be worse.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
panamax4
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Any ideas on a 5 gallon extract version? Liquid or dry works, I already have the hops and would love to give this a try.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #48
Geohound
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Just finished my keg of Sacred Summit. Damn that was a tasty beer. BM your beers are some of my favorite to brew. I think we have similar tastes. Best beer I've made so far.
Fermented at 60 for 3 weeks in primary, cold crashed for 48 hours then transferred to keg and dry hopped with 1 oz of summit and 1 oz of Willamette. Waited 2 weeks then my friends came over and raided my mini fridge. It lasted 1 week and was gone.
Came out crystal clear, amber, orange to copper coloring. It had full white 1/2 inch head that stayed around til the glass was 1/2 way gone. Great lacing. Bubbles to the last drop. The smell is mildly malt with dominant citrus/flowery hops, clean sweet tangerine and floral scent, little bit of earthy/dank smell. Taste is almost balanced leaning towards hoppy but without any bitterness or shock. It's fruit upfront with little bit of earthy hop and malt at the end. It came out dry and crisp. It reminds me a bit of Wyld from Uinta brewey. My wife even enjoyed it and she hates hoppy beers, she wondered if i added fruit to it. I will be brewing this again. It's a great thirst quencher and session beer.
I'm also going to start using Summit hops to try and get a more complex hop flavor out of my other C-hopped beer.
Thank you for sharing your recipes.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #49
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 593 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geohound View Post
Just finished my keg of Sacred Summit. Damn that was a tasty beer. BM your beers are some of my favorite to brew. I think we have similar tastes. Best beer I've made so far.
Fermented at 60 for 3 weeks in primary, cold crashed for 48 hours then transferred to keg and dry hopped with 1 oz of summit and 1 oz of Willamette. Waited 2 weeks then my friends came over and raided my mini fridge. It lasted 1 week and was gone.
Came out crystal clear, amber, orange to copper coloring. It had full white 1/2 inch head that stayed around til the glass was 1/2 way gone. Great lacing. Bubbles to the last drop. The smell is mildly malt with dominant citrus/flowery hops, clean sweet tangerine and floral scent, little bit of earthy/dank smell. Taste is almost balanced leaning towards hoppy but without any bitterness or shock. It's fruit upfront with little bit of earthy hop and malt at the end. It came out dry and crisp. It reminds me a bit of Wyld from Uinta brewey. My wife even enjoyed it and she hates hoppy beers, she wondered if i added fruit to it. I will be brewing this again. It's a great thirst quencher and session beer.
I'm also going to start using Summit hops to try and get a more complex hop flavor out of my other C-hopped beer.
Thank you for sharing your recipes.
I do miss my summit hops.....

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #50
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6206 Times on 5395 Posts
Likes Given: 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
I do miss my summit hops.....