Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > RedHop Ale (AG)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #11
comj49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lambertville, MI
Posts: 111
Default


does this taste anything like an elliot ness? I've been looking for a clone recipe.

__________________

Lois: "Oh, my God! You can only play the piano when you're drunk!"
Peter: "Now that's not true! I can also vomit, fall down and make dirty calls to your sister when I'm drunk!"


Primary#1- Pale Ale
Primary#2- empty
Primary#3- empty
Bottle conditioning- Citrus Wheat
Drinking-Mild, Kolsch, Sweet Stout
Upcoming- Red Rocket clone, robust porter

comj49 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by comj49 View Post
does this taste anything like an elliot ness? I've been looking for a clone recipe.
No, it's nothing like Eliot Ness at all. This beer has a muc stronger hop character and it's not as clean, as Eliot Ness is a lager.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
2bluewagons
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
2bluewagons's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 331
Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default


Looks like it's been awhile on this one but it looks tasty, has anyone brewed it lately? I'm looking for a hoppy red/amber for my next brew, somewhere along the lines of Bear Republic Red Rocket. Do you think that this recipe falls roughly into that style?

Thanks

__________________
2bluewagons is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
MgMt_Home_Brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Burlington, VT
Posts: 636
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default


I might give this guy a try. I am trying to plan ahead before I go to the LHBS. If they don't have warrior I am thinking Chinook or Columbus. Does anyone have any better substitutions?

__________________
I once read about the dangers of drinking, I have since stopped reading. - Unknown

MgMt_Home_Brew is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #16
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluewagons View Post
Looks like it's been awhile on this one but it looks tasty, has anyone brewed it lately? I'm looking for a hoppy red/amber for my next brew, somewhere along the lines of Bear Republic Red Rocket. Do you think that this recipe falls roughly into that style?

Thanks
I've never had red rocket, but this is a hoppy amber for sure. It might get you pretty close.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools