Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Mojave Red

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
Malticulous
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Crystal malts,
Category:Crystal and caramel malt - Home Brewing Wiki
2.5 volumes is a measure of carbonation, I use this to calculate it.
TastyBrew.com | Homebrewing Calculators | Botting Priming Calculator

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
Stuntman
Alcohol to Urine 37+ yrs. Not any longer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Thanks Conroe,

Everyone here on this site is so Newb friendly!

I just did my last half and half brew. I have it ( an Irish Red ) in the primary, But I am going with your recipe next time. Grinder and Mash tun will be up and running before the week is up.

Emphasis on drank, sober since August 28 2011

Old 08-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #13
yeastbound
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Anyone want to have a guess on how this will come out using 8oz (.5 lb) of Roasted Barley instead of .5 oz? I misread the recipe and now my grain bill's all crushed and mixed. I'm debating on scrapping it (cringe) and going back to LHBS and getting it right.

Upcoming: Something for us to drink, dammit.

http://yeastbound.com

Old 08-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnyboy View Post
Anyone want to have a guess on how this will come out using 8oz (.5 lb) of Roasted Barley instead of .5 oz? I misread the recipe and now my grain bill's all crushed and mixed. I'm debating on scrapping it (cringe) and going back to LHBS and getting it right.
It will be like mine with the double melanoidin....different from the original, but more than likely still a good beer. Just a tad darker and more roastier.

I would brew it still...

Wow conroe, seems like NONE of us have any luck with getting accurate measurements of ingredients on this recipe.....Must be haunted or something.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #15
yeastbound
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
It will be like mine with the double melanoidin....different from the original, but more than likely still a good beer. Just a tad darker and more roastier.

I would brew it still...
I just plugged it into Beer Tools Pro and it fits an American Brown Ale as opposed to Red. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Upcoming: Something for us to drink, dammit.

http://yeastbound.com

Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 AM   #16
Stuntman
Alcohol to Urine 37+ yrs. Not any longer

Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 7

My Irish Red was good, really all of em are good...I just want to learn to be great!

This is my first commitment to All Grain Brewing (never going back) will be kegged in a day or so. Did a quick wheat 10 gallon (practice, you don't want to know the details). Poured into to two fermenters, one smelled like pure rubbing alcohol, and the other I sank a little fresh lime juice (6 limes)into secondary. Can't wait, it has to be good, it is Home Brewed!

Conroe, that pic on the original post looks so good! The head, the red hue... I want it!

How was the head Retention?

Emphasis on drank, sober since August 28 2011

Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Malticulous
Recipes 

The head retention on this beer is a bit much really. Don't over carbed it or it may be very hard to pour. 15% crystal malts will do that.

I found out that there is a small brewery in California's high desert making a lager with the same name.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #18
Revvy

Recipes 

Is there's a red lager?

have you brewed yours with lager yeast yet?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
Malticulous
Recipes 

I've thought about using S-23. Some brewers say it produces great mock-ales, lol. One guy said he has won quite a few ribbons with it in APAs.

US-05 has been great at 59F and then slowly ramped to 65 over the first four days.

I'm using K-97 in the batch that's fermenting now. I did about the same ramp with K-97 but it went a bit slower over a week. It also keeps kraeusen for weeks and doesn't want to clear. I'll have to crash it in a secondary like I'm doing with a APA now.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #20
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroe View Post
I've thought about using S-23. Some brewers say it produces great mock-ales, lol. One guy said he has won quite a few ribbons with it in APAs.

US-05 has been great at 59F and then slowly ramped to 65 over the first four days.

I'm using K-97 in the batch that's fermenting now. I did about the same ramp with K-97 but it went a bit slower over a week. It also keeps kraeusen for weeks and doesn't want to clear. I'll have to crash it in a secondary like I'm doing with a APA now.
I think when I get into ghetto lager season again, and can lager the locker in my loft building's garage, I may try it with saflager.

Quick Reply