Originally Posted by Yooper
I just realized that in the last recipe (AG) I did at home, I made some changes, and I think it made it better. Here it is:Attachment 4778
This is my first time to brew with WLP041. Brewed a week and a day ago, and the blowoff valve is still bubbling about once every other second at 64* the whole time. This is a much more active yeast than my previous experiences... looking forward to trying the results.
Also blew off my airlock in my 7.5 gallon carboy. Haven't had a yeast do this before. Once it settles in (12 days on the recipe), I'll rack it to secondary and see how the gravity settles out. My OG was a little soft at 1.075 vs. 1.078 in the recipe, but that should be of negligible difference.