Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #491
Aubie Stout
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

The rice really lightened this beer up. Flaked rice plus the Safe Ale 05 made this a light crisp tasting beer. SWMBO has already ordered another batch. Thanks!

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #492
magnj
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm brewing this tomorrow, slightly changed. 90% pale malt, 10% Munich 10L, Hops bill and yeast will be the same, I hope to get close and win over some people who haven't enjoyed my previous brews.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #493
nutcase
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm brewing this again on monday. The LHBS was out of all kinds pale malt completely - so i'll be substituting the pale malt with pilsner malt. will be interesting to see how it turns out

Old 06-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #494
melonhead
Recipes 

This was my first successful AG brew (1.040 OG, 65% efficiency). I brewed on Sunday, and only ended up with about 4.8 gallons in the carboy. The yeast are currently kicking butt with about 1 bubble/sec.

I'm a bit new to kegging/force carbonating too. What is the recommended way to carb this (pressure, temp, duration)? I'd like to have it ready for a cookout on July 4 using BMBF or my 3 gallon keg.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #495
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 558 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhead View Post
This was my first successful AG brew (1.040 OG, 65% efficiency). I brewed on Sunday, and only ended up with about 4.8 gallons in the carboy. The yeast are currently kicking butt with about 1 bubble/sec.

I'm a bit new to kegging/force carbonating too. What is the recommended way to carb this (pressure, temp, duration)? I'd like to have it ready for a cookout on July 4 using BMBF or my 3 gallon keg.
Once you rack to a keg (keep it 10 days in primary and 3 days in secondary with gelatin), place the (presumably room temp) keg into the chiller and hit it with 30PSI for 48 hours. Drop PSI to serving pressure, bleed excess pressure from keg and taste test. That should get you right there.

If you gas up a chilled keg, drop the time by 12 hours. (Chilled beer carbs faster than room temp)

Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #496
melonhead
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Once you rack to a keg (keep it 10 days in primary and 3 days in secondary with gelatin), place the (presumably room temp) keg into the chiller and hit it with 30PSI for 48 hours. Drop PSI to serving pressure, bleed excess pressure from keg and taste test. That should get you right there.

If you gas up a chilled keg, drop the time by 12 hours. (Chilled beer carbs faster than room temp)
Thanks!
Can I use the keg as the secondary with the gelatin (but no gas hooked up)... then once the gelatin settles chill the keg and apply pressure?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #497
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonhead View Post
Thanks!
Can I use the keg as the secondary with the gelatin (but no gas hooked up)... then once the gelatin settles chill the keg and apply pressure?
I think you'll get better results and a cleaner beer racking off of that gelatin/yeast goo.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 06-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #498
craigbrew
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is a Great beer. I did a partial mash and it turned out great. The only problem I had was I carbed it in a keg and it was flat when I went to drink it.

I'm new to kegging so I'm not sure I did it right. I kegged and put 30 psi and let it sit for a week. keg still had pressure so I don't think that I had a leak. I did the shake rattle and roll method before people came over so it was fine. I just have to keg more to get a handle on it.

Kuhnhenn Guild of Brewers homebrew club (KGB)

Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #499
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbrew View Post
...The only problem I had was I carbed it in a keg and it was flat when I went to drink it.
...I kegged and put 30 psi and let it sit for a week...
30 PSI on a chilled keg for 1 week should have resulted in a highly overcarbonated beer.

If the keg is at room temp and then put in the chiller, 30PSI for 48 hours is my max.

If the keg is already chilled, 36 hours.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 06-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #500
BillyBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Great recipe. This was my first AG brew and it turned out great. Big hit with family & friends.

Thank you again BierMuncher for sharing

Primary: Empty
Red Chair NWPA, Dim Wit

Secondary: Empty

Keg: RedShift IPA, Bootstrap IPA, Dos Equis, Albino Pale Ale, Total Domination Clone, Rye IPA, Grant's Perfect Porter, Cascadian Dark Ale, IIPA

Quick Reply