Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #481
mymbtheduke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Same here on the Notty. Basically it was screamin for 24 hours (94 bubbles per min) and now is slow (12 bubbles per min) The brew is only 48 hours old. Is this common for Notty? I rehydrated the yeast as always.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #482
illin8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes...I had a krausen rise & drop within 48 hours on EdWort's Haus Pale Ale with Notty...definately odd but I was assured it was par for the course. It goes like gangbusters than peters out rather quickly.

Bottle Conditioning: AHS Oktoberfest, Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde

On deck: Nothing (recently moved/working on the laundry list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Love is not a pink heart on a Hallmark card. It is a curse on mankind in which the male of the species must continually struggle to gain his own happiness by means of satiating the batcrap crazy stupid whims of the lady with the snaky hair.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #483
ChickenSoop
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I made the extract version and found it plain/a bit low hopped on testing it 6 weeks after bottling - and then when I dumped the whole bottle into the beer glass, including the bit of yeast on the bottom of the bottle, it is very tasty. The bottom yeast balances it out.

Very good.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #484
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have one batch in keg carbing, and another in bottles. This stuff is crystal clear. I can't wait to try it!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #485
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I'm just about done with a keg of this. I originally brewed it so I would have something on tap for relatives who drink light beer. They didn't get to try it yet because I found that I like it quite a bit. It's a great beer for boating or while working around the yard. I really didn't expect to like it and didn't plan to drink it myself. I'm doing this one for my first 10 gallon batch sometime this week. I think it will go over well at a 4th of July party we are having.

I also goofed on the recipe and accidentily doubled the first hop addition, it turned out so good I'm planning to make the same "mistake" again.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #486
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1900 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1045

Made this recipe and loved it. Took it to a get-together and it didn't score well. One guy seemed to like it, and wanted me to make him a batch. The girls were hesitant to try it (they aren't into anything but light beer, and assume anything I make is not going to be good as the big boys, or is going to be hoppy (guilty usually). But the keg was going flat and not as cold as I would have liked. Even I didn't think it was "great".

Got it back home and got the gas back on it and back in the kegerator and last night tasted again, and it's back to be real good again! It's def. a cold and fizzy style!

Might try a Koelsch next time to compare.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #487
mymbtheduke
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I can't wait to try it. I will go from Primary to keg at the end of 3 weeks. Carb for a week and it will be ready for the 4th. God I hope it is as good as everyone says. I really want SWMBO to like it.

It is the biggest PM that I have done yet. 6.75 lbs of grain.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #488
noisy123
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed this recipe yesterday. I got an OG of 1.044 after diluting the 87% efficient wort to 12 gallons. I had 0.3 oz of Simcoe I added to get my IBUs right. Hopefully that won't screw anything up too badly. I suppose the simcoe may add a piney character that will be undesirable but I thought the citrusy components might be highlighted more with the centennial and cascade hops. They were also a bit old and may have lost some of their aromatic qualities.

Its a nice recipe and was the first time I got to use my keggle. Cheers.

Last edited by noisy123; 06-10-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #489
nutcase
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcase View Post
BierMuncher or others who have brewed this. How do you think this would work as a chili beer? I'm going to brew 10 gallons of this on Sunday but I think I want to make 5 gallons of it with peppers either in the secondary or in bottles.
Update: This works EXCELLENT as a chili beer. best chili beer i have ever had

Old 06-13-2009, 03:44 AM   #490
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 558 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcase View Post
Update: This works EXCELLENT as a chili beer. best chili beer i have ever had
Good to know. Thinking of a chili'd up version later in the year.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Quick Reply