Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #3931
cowboy1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesIPA View Post
Any refrigeration unit will work. You might even get lucky and not have to do any wiring at all because wine temp storage temps are not all that far from beer fermentation temps.
Well thanks for your help. I'm going to start looking for something to ferment in. Once I have that together I will send you a copy of my recipe with instructions if you don't mind - just to look over to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #3932
loetz
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 29

How would I make this beer sweet, smooth and creamy like a cream soda but without the vanilla? Should I up the carapils? Any thoughts on adding lactose? Maybe cold some conditioning for the smoothness?

I brewed it last year using the original recipe and it was a hit. I'm happy with the way it is, but some friends requested this change.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #3933
shadows69
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would just mash it at 156 to 158 degrees and see if you like that first. I dont think carapils will do anything, thats mainly for head retention. Not sure about the lactose. Lactose in a lighter colored beer doesn't even sound good to me other then a stout. Adding honey malt will give you a sweeter beer as well. Just my experience though.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #3934
BadBeagleBrew
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Serve it on beer gas.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #3935
khkman22
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've read about half this thread and have seen people use different yeast than the Nottingham, but don't remember seeing anything about Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast yeast. AHS sent me an extra that is used for a different kit with my order and I am trying to decide whether to use that or US-05. Are there any reasons not to use the BRY-97? I always use dry yeast and when possible I use US-05. I would rather have the US-05 available as a backup if possible, especially since I bought the AHS Kalamazoo IPA that uses US-05. So am I good to go with the BRY-97? Will the flavor differ much from US-05 to BRY-97?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #3936
Mongeaux
Recipes 

I have made four batches of this recipe, including five gallons siphoned over four pounds of crushed blueberries in the secondary. Big fan. For the MGD crowd this beer is a great intro to home brew. The hop schedule is beautiful, with hints of citrus. Quite subtle. But it fades fast. Had some complaints the beer is bland. But I love it. I have also noticed the beer begins hazy but after a few weeks stored in chilled bottles it becomes brilliant. Chicks dig this beer. The blueberry version was a bit of a disappointment, but purple beer is always fun to serve.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #3937
FlaglerBC
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anyone ever use the ten gallon recipe to make a five gallon batch?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Primary: None
Sour: Sour American
On Tap: Kolsch, Imperial Red, American Wheat

Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #3938
geoffm33
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

Yes. Works great. I've done it a few times. I've adjusted it down to 3 gallons as well.

EDIT: I realize now you may be talking about using the 10 gallon grain bill and hops for a 5 gallon batch? If so, ignore my comment!

Old 04-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #3939
PeteNMA
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've done the 10 gallon hop additions in a 5 gallon batch. Works very jicely

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 04-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #3940
SFGiantsFan925
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 369 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Brewing this Friday or Saturday. maybe getting out of work Friday, so if I do, Ill brew. if not, Saturday it is. have brewed it 2 times before. First was amazing and didnt last long at all, second was great, but not as good.

I think Ill try 1056 this time. Is 1 smack pack enough? Or should I go with 2?? I feel 1 would be plenty for this. No time for a starter, but usually wouldnt make a strter for a 1.044 beer.

Also, thinking os using Citra and Cascade for the hops. Any advice??

Quick Reply