Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #3391
LovesIPA
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I have been steadily quaffing pint after pint of this now that it's carbed. It's very good and I will brew it again. I followed the recipe to the letter FWIW.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #3392
MarcusKillion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 106

enjoying one right now . A couple weeks ferment and a couple in the bottle and this is good .

Old 07-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #3393
Ply318ci
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Brewed this last night. Used Chinook as the bittering and Hallertauer and Mt. Hood combined at 35,20,5 min. At the last second I added Chinook again at flame out just because I like the smell. I did this mainly because I don't have any Centennial and had used cascade in my last two beers and wanted something different. I got higher then expected 85% efficiency so according to Beersmith this should end up at 5% ABV. Can't wait to try this. Also using some washed US-05 and fermenting cool.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #3394
L1truckie
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1truckie View Post
Adjusted the 5 gal recipe to my system and hit all my numbers and volumes perfectly today I varied the yeast from the original recipe, using a US-05 slurry from a 1.040 American wheat that I kegged yesterday. Looking forward to trying this recipe as it seems extremely popular.
2 weeks in primary, kegged and force carbed over 36 hours ready to tap on the 4th......5 days later and this thing still needs some time. The smell is wonderfull. The taste isn't there A little disappointed at this point as I had such high hopes for this, as I hit the numbers perfectly and the rave reviews it gets. Think I'll let it condition another week in the keg and hopefully it will blend and mellow out. Hopefully in a week it's as good as everyone says

Yes, I called my wife, she gave me a bunch of crap about me brewing and not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #3395
ajlee
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1truckie View Post
2 weeks in primary, kegged and force carbed over 36 hours ready to tap on the 4th......5 days later and this thing still needs some time. The smell is wonderfull. The taste isn't there A little disappointed at this point as I had such high hopes for this, as I hit the numbers perfectly and the rave reviews it gets. Think I'll let it condition another week in the keg and hopefully it will blend and mellow out. Hopefully in a week it's as good as everyone says
I felt the same way about it, after a couple more weeks it was delicious.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #3396
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

It needs a week atleast to bulk condition and will taste better then. I fermented for 8 days and then kegged it. Tasted good but its better after close to a week and a half on tap.

Usually the case with most beer. It's gettin into its prime once the keg kicks.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

brewmasterbates Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #3397
walcotteric
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Brewed this a few weeks ago, bottled last week. Tasted one after 4 days of conditioning, tasted REALLY GOOD! Can't wait to see how good it is after a few more days of conditioning. Great summer beer.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #3398
jflongo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
It needs a week atleast to bulk condition and will taste better then. I fermented for 8 days and then kegged it. Tasted good but its better after close to a week and a half on tap.

Usually the case with most beer. It's gettin into its prime once the keg kicks.
Maybe you guys could keg it, purge the air with CO2, let it sit in secondary for a week or so, then put in under pressure to carbonize it?

Go Spartans!!

http://www.youtube.com/MrSparty1995

Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #3399
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflongo

Maybe you guys could keg it, purge the air with CO2, let it sit in secondary for a week or so, then put in under pressure to carbonize it?
Sure. But it's easier to just chill it and carb it and not touch it for an extra week until its ready if that's the case. No sense in putting off carbing it if you've got room in the keezer.

It's a decent light beer out of the gate. I was drinking it right around 13 or 14 days from grain to glass. Another week and it tasted better. It's not my favorite style or recipe by any stretch but its a light beer and BMC drinkers cup of tea everytime.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #3400
Xtant
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just learned an important lesson, today: never brew when my three year old is home, but my wife isn't.

With all the distractions, my boil has gone like this:

2 lbs DME @ 60 min
1/4 oz Centennial @ 45 min
Reset timer @ 25 min
3lbs DME @ 10 min
1/4 oz Cascade @10 min
Oh **** why do I have leftover hops @ 10 min
1/4 oz Centennial @ 20 min
1/2 oz year-old Cascade @ 10 min
1/4 oz Cascade @ 5 min

Ummm... it'll be beer, but what kind and how good, I'm not sure.

"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop." -Winston Churchill to his Secretary of War, 1944

Quick Reply