Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #3131
SteveHeff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 234

This is a very good brew for such an inexpensive grain list. As soon as I'm finished unpacking, I will make another batch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #3132
Jayhem
Recipes 

Liked 249 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

I am taking a 6-pack of Centennial Blonde to my Uncle this weekend for Memorial Day. He is a die hard Miller Lite drinker and will drink nothing else.

He said he tried "homebrew" before and didn't like it. Let's see if Centennial Blonde can crack this old dog!

Next up: The Hops of Wrath (DIPA)
Primary: Amber Rain (Dry Hopped Spring Amber Ale)
Secondary:
Bottle Conditioning: Spring '14 Kolsch, Swamp Monkey Belgian Golden Strong, Vienna Lager

Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #3133
Johnnyhamer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhem View Post
I am taking a 6-pack of Centennial Blonde to my Uncle this weekend for Memorial Day. He is a die hard Miller Lite drinker and will drink nothing else.

He said he tried "homebrew" before and didn't like it. Let's see if Centennial Blonde can crack this old dog!
If he doesn't appreciate it I surely will.

Drinking: Cream of Three Crops
Carbing: Custom Amber Ale
Primary: Empty :(
Secondary: DD's Watermelon Wheat
On Deck: Something delicious and "Summery"

Old 05-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #3134
sa1126
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Brewed Saturday, transferred to carboy this evening. OG was 1.041, gravity today was already 1.009

On draft: null
Coming soon: AHB session pale ale, dunkelweizen, rye blonde and oktoberfest

Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #3135
s4l
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

How long did y'all's take to carb up? Mine has been sitting 3 weeks in bottles with very little to show..

Winter Warmer

**In Primary**
Empty. :(

**Bottled**
NB Irish Red - 02 Apr 13
BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde - 28 Apr 13

# of Brews: 2 // Total # of Gallons: 10

Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #3136
Johnnyhamer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4l View Post
How long did y'all's take to carb up? Mine has been sitting 3 weeks in bottles with very little to show..
7-10 days. What temp are they at and how long did you ferment?

Drinking: Cream of Three Crops
Carbing: Custom Amber Ale
Primary: Empty :(
Secondary: DD's Watermelon Wheat
On Deck: Something delicious and "Summery"

Old 05-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #3137
s4l
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

They're at 70-75*, spent 2 weeks in primary at 62-66. Primed and bottled with 3/4c of corn sugar.

Edit: I did the extract version with Notty.

Winter Warmer

**In Primary**
Empty. :(

**Bottled**
NB Irish Red - 02 Apr 13
BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde - 28 Apr 13

# of Brews: 2 // Total # of Gallons: 10

Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #3138
hops2it
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFryan View Post
I was also thinking about:

1 lb Vienna
.5 lb Victory

Just to make sure its not lacking maltiness
I was just about to post a similar thought and found this post in a search. Although the posted recipe does indeed seem like an ideal Blonde that would appeal to the BMC crowd, I think I might want to deepen the flavor profile just slightly for my tastes. Nothing crazy, I was even thinking keep the same hops schedule.

Any other ideas for this? I was even thinking of a little (5-10%) biscuit or wheat malt? All opinions welcome. A little more color wouldn't bother me and is likely with what I'm wanting here.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #3139
Thunder_Chicken
Recipes 

Liked 657 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 178

I bottled a batch of Centennial Blonde this Monday. I wanted to re-use the yeast (Nottingham) but there was a ton of hop gunk all over so I racked off the beer and washed the yeast by pouring a gallon of bottled water in, stirring up the trub and letting it sit for 30 minutes. I then poured off a gallon of the suspended liquid, cleaned and sanitized the fermenter, and added the wort and make-up water (extract recipe), then decanted the gallon of suspended yeast back into the fermenter.

Today, less than 48 hours later, the ferment is stone-cold DONE. Gravity is at 1.007 and krausen is completely gone. That was impressive. I'm amazed I didn't blow out my airlock - it was bubbling furiously Tuesday morning, and there was a ring of krausen gunk just shy of the fermenter lid when I opened it. Ferment was at 63F ambient and the beer tastes just fine, so I think all went well.

I'll have to let this one sit for a while until I empty enough bottles. I'm enjoying my first batch of Centennial now and I am so glad that I decided to brew several back-to-back batches. This is just good beer.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #3140
sa1126
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_Chicken View Post
I bottled a batch of Centennial Blonde this Monday. I wanted to re-use the yeast (Nottingham) but there was a ton of hop gunk all over so I racked off the beer and washed the yeast by pouring a gallon of bottled water in, stirring up the trub and letting it sit for 30 minutes. I then poured off a gallon of the suspended liquid, cleaned and sanitized the fermenter, and added the wort and make-up water (extract recipe), then decanted the gallon of suspended yeast back into the fermenter.

Today, less than 48 hours later, the ferment is stone-cold DONE. Gravity is at 1.007 and krausen is completely gone. That was impressive. I'm amazed I didn't blow out my airlock - it was bubbling furiously Tuesday morning, and there was a ring of krausen gunk just shy of the fermenter lid when I opened it. Ferment was at 63F ambient and the beer tastes just fine, so I think all went well.

I'll have to let this one sit for a while until I empty enough bottles. I'm enjoying my first batch of Centennial now and I am so glad that I decided to brew several back-to-back batches. This is just good beer.
Score! Five more days until I keg and I cannot wait.

On draft: null
Coming soon: AHB session pale ale, dunkelweizen, rye blonde and oktoberfest

Quick Reply