Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #3121
jflongo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just brewed this yesterday, ended up with about 4.8 gallons in the fermenter, OG was 1.048. I also used washed yeast from the last time I made this, and it's already going crazy 12 hrs later.

Go Spartans!!

http://www.youtube.com/MrSparty1995

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #3122
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR22 View Post
Gonna brew this tomorrow. I read a lot of the posts, but not all 313 BeerSmith seems to be calling for 1 1/2 packages of Nottingham dry yeast, but it looks like everyone's just using 1 package? I'm brewing all grain, but haven't been at it for all that long and want to get this right.
Thanks,
You can use 1, as the gravity isn't that high, and will be plenty of yeast.

I'd skip nottingham though, and use something cleaner like US 05.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Old 05-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #3123
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 375 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 265

I use one package of Notty when I make this, ferment at 65 and can go grain to glass in about 10 days. No esters to speak of and it clears nicely after a couple days in the keg.

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-i-guess-its-my-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.
SteveHeff Likes This 
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #3124
PartTimeJedi
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibboy

For a cheap(er) way to keep your fermentation cool you could use a swamp cooler. The other option is to use a temp-controlled fermentation chamber. I have to deal with constant high temps in Hawaii so I went with a chest freezer off CL.

Your other option is to try out a saison yeast. I have heard of people here in Hawaii fermenting at rather high temps. If you could keep the house/room you are fermenting in at about 75-80 you should be fine. Might get some funky Belgian-ness, but that could turn out good!
Speaking of Belgian-ness, I just had a Schlafly Golden Ale and was inspired to possibly try this recipe with a Belgian yeast. I think this beer would pair well with a belgian yeast. What belgian yeast do you guys think would really shine with this recipe other than a saison yeast?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #3125
artyusmc
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcquesten

A quick update. After waiting another week or so, the sulfur smell is pretty much gone and the beer is delicious. It was carbonated after a week, decent after 2, but I guess the 3 week rule really does hold true. It's crazy how much of a difference that third week makes.
Status ?
I'm about to keg mine this afternoon

Old 05-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #3126
UNIbrewster
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Brewed it up Saturday. OG came in low 1.038. Second all grain so I'm still figuring out my system. Still excited!!!!!!

Whats on Tap:
Nelson Sauvin SMaSH
Humid Hefe
Heisenberg Brown
Double Vision IIPA

Old 05-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #3127
Setesh
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 253 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm

I know this has been sufficiently proven but DAMN THIS IS GOOD! It even won over my father in law who is a die hard lager man. I forgot to add any irish moss so it's a bit hazy but it sure does taste good. I didn't tap the keg till it had aged for 6 weeks (was in primary for 3 weeks) and I don't think it will last long. I had 3 after mowing the lawn yesterday. So refreshing and you can still function since its low ABV. Properly good stuff BierMuncher!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #3128
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 194 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I kicked my keg of this last night. Time to brew it again!

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

SteveHeff Likes This 
Old 05-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #3129
MASHturbator
Recipes 

Hi guys, i just brewed a five gallon batch of this ale on sunday which was my first attempt at all grain. I hit the temps and hydrometer reading right on the nose and am currently waiting patiently for it to ferment. My question was if anyone had tried this recipe with honey and if so what kind and whether the honey was put into the boil or primary. Thanks for your time!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #3130
Johnnyhamer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHturbator View Post
Hi guys, i just brewed a five gallon batch of this ale on sunday which was my first attempt at all grain. I hit the temps and hydrometer reading right on the nose and am currently waiting patiently for it to ferment. My question was if anyone had tried this recipe with honey and if so what kind and whether the honey was put into the boil or primary. Thanks for your time!
If you just want to up the abv you can toss the honey in the end of the boil. It will dry your beer out some with minimal to no taste.

I have heard you can toss the honey in after primary fermentation and it will retain some taste but very little. I'm sure there's plenty of thread about using honey but the recipe really doesn't need anything else. It is essentially liquid perfection.

Drinking: Beer

Quick Reply