Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 AM   #2491
NoTrubble
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Actually I must confess that I have to change my mind about my previous opinion regarding this beer tasting like ****. After a week or so more aging this beer is actually quite delicious and the hop bite has weakened to a rather smooth yet enjoyable ale that I can fully appreciate even at 70 degrees F. Thank you BM for the recipe. I will be doing this one again!

Kegged: 100% Wheat
Kegged: Shiner Clonish something or other.
91lbs Malted Wheat Remain

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #2492
sloose
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This beer will always be in my house. It's delicious. I will be dry hopping every batch in the future. I did aside by side of the plain Jane version (exact original recipe) versus the cascade dry hopped version and the dry hopped was awesome. The original is a 10/10, with a dry hop it's a 12/10.

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #2493
he-brews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I brewed this a couple weeks ago, did a 5 gal. batch and now it's gone!! I added 1 lb. of rice syrup solids to it and it turned out unbelievable. I'm doing a second batch today and thought about leaving the rice out and using amber malt? any thoughts??

Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #2494
sloose
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by he-brews
I brewed this a couple weeks ago, did a 5 gal. batch and now it's gone!! I added 1 lb. of rice syrup solids to it and it turned out unbelievable. I'm doing a second batch today and thought about leaving the rice out and using amber malt? any thoughts??
Follow the original recipe exActly. Adjuncts like rice aren't necessary IMO unless you are cloning BMC beers. 2 row does an awesome job.

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #2495
NoTrubble
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It actually tastes a lot better now that I quit smoking too. I think that has a lot to do with it as well. I need to buy more supplies so I can make about 10 gallons of this before I have to move and loose my brewhaus facility. :0(

Kegged: 100% Wheat
Kegged: Shiner Clonish something or other.
91lbs Malted Wheat Remain

Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #2496
llama_boy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrubble View Post
It actually tastes a lot better now that I quit smoking too. I think that has a lot to do with it as well. I need to buy more supplies so I can make about 10 gallons of this before I have to move and loose my brewhaus facility. :0(
Congrats on kicking the habit. Smoking really does cloud your senses. It always amazes me to see chefs who smoke.

I saw your previous post about it tasting like **** and bit my tongue. Glad the beer turned out well in the end. I need to get this on tap again.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #2497
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrubble View Post
Actually I must confess that I have to change my mind about my previous opinion regarding this beer tasting like ****. After a week or so more aging this beer is actually quite delicious and the hop bite has weakened to a rather smooth yet enjoyable ale that I can fully appreciate even at 70 degrees F. Thank you BM for the recipe. I will be doing this one again!
I had the same experience when I first brewed this. I let it condition for a few weeks and it mellows right out. I don't drink it young anymore.

Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #2498
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

Just curious if the people who recently have said they did not like it then changed their mind are bottling or kegging?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #2499
Guidry
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well, I transferred to the keg last night and for the second time in a row, this brew has taken on an off flavor at the end. I can only describe it as a combination of soapy and metallic. Last batch did the same thing, but I was thinking it might have been something left in the keg. This one is tasting like this out of the carboy.

Really beginning to irritate me. The taste is one thing, but not being able to figure out where its coming from is the real irritation.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #2500
cublue
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My first guess would be sanitation. Something is not finding all the way. Could be any step: mash, boil, or transfer. As you are using glass carboy, which I assume are meticulously rinsed, I would look to any plastic that comes in contact during the process. Also, did you do these recipes back to back and got the taste? or have a beer in between on all the same equipment that turned out fine?

Quick Reply