Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #2361
DagoBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas

I took a similar picture this weekend. CRYSTAL clear. You could read the hopmouth bottle label through the sample. Now just have to wait 2-3 weeks for carb
I love this recipe. So simple but so unique with awesome results! Im brewing this again this weekend!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #2362
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoBrewer View Post
I love this recipe. So simple but so unique with awesome results! Im brewing this again this weekend!
Can't wait for ours to be carbonated. The last bottle of ours had about 7 ounces in it, so I poured it in to a glass for a "sample." I proceeded to consume the whole thing with delight. Flat and warm as it was!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #2363
DagoBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas

Can't wait for ours to be carbonated. The last bottle of ours had about 7 ounces in it, so I poured it in to a glass for a "sample." I proceeded to consume the whole thing with delight. Flat and warm as it was!
Hahahahaha thats awesome!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #2364
strumke
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Any tasting notes on this one? I've been looking through pages, but there are way too many posts. I'd like to make a quick turnaround beer for an event (13 days if I brew tonight), but if it's not going to 'wow' people, people can just bring bottles.

Any modifications that have been good (that don't extend the time)?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #2365
DagoBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumke
Any tasting notes on this one? I've been looking through pages, but there are way too many posts. I'd like to make a quick turnaround beer for an event (13 days if I brew tonight), but if it's not going to 'wow' people, people can just bring bottles.

I use wlp001 or saf 05. Ferments down in about 5-7 days, cold crash for 48 hours, keg and force carb same day. 2 hours later i purge the keg, set to about 4-5 psi and serve! Its a very good brew!

Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #2366
ghohn
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Gonna jump on the 'holy s*!% this is a great beer' bandwagon. I did a split batch fermenting one with 05 and the other with 04. I had the hops on the hand but had to sub Munich for Vienna and Pilsner for two-row (we can't get 2-row in Korea)

With the 04, I fermented for 5 days and cold crashed for 3 and then force carbed. Drikning on day 8. I have to say I prefer the 04 version of this but that could change depending on the day.

Thanks. This'll be in the rotation for sure!!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #2367
mesa4234
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Bottled this evening after 25 days in the primary. Looking forward to tasting!

Old 10-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #2368
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 332 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumke

Just drinking some now that I kegged today (extra 2L using carb cap). It's nothing special, but just a nice light easy drinker. Clean and refreshing.

A lot of people tell me my homebrew is delicious, but not something they'd want to drink 10 of in one night (stouts, ipas, iipas etc). This is the opposite.

Not too malty, not too hoppy, just a good clean beer that yes - you could easily drink 10 of. Wife loves it! She wants more but was bummed to hear that the keg won't be carbed for 2 weeks.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #2369
cavman22
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

I just brewed the extract version tonight.... Everything seemed to go well. I used hop bags for all 4 hop editions... has anyone else done that? My wort had very little /no hop aroma to it. Im used to brewing heavier hopped beers, so maybe i just am not used to this style..

Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #2370
Clifton
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I use a hop spider. It is a very lightly hopped beer, designed for "quaffablility." Trademark that, InBev.

Quick Reply