Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #2211
Fordzilla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by theveganbrewer
I've got a friend asking for me to make him a Coors light or Corona clone and I just can't bring myself to waste that much time on something like that. Will this win him over?
I haven't shared it with anyone who didn't love it. It's kind of close to a BMC type beer but much better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #2212
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 292 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Great, I'll brew it up and come back here with the results once they've tasted it.

-Retired Homebrewer

Old 08-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #2213
Slyko
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 120

This hobby is FANTASTIC!

I was at a club meeting & had a newbie with a $10,000 setup. I'm bargain basement. Everybody is happy!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #2214
slatkin
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default First all-grain

Brewed BierMunchers recipe yesterday for my first all grain brew and my first BIAB. The Wort tasted a little off and smelled odd. Was my first though so am excited as hell. Hit O.G. of 1.050 and pitched rehydrated nottingham no activity at 12 hours but nottingham has been slow for me before. I cant wait to try this. Thanks to the OP.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #2215
ryclo
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just brewed my second 10 gallons of this, love it!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #2216
Mooglebass
Recipes 

I can't do a 5 gallon batch yet, so I was going to do a 2.5 gallon extract batch. If I was doing 2.5 batch I'd half the ingredients. Steep grains for 30 mins at 160f. Add dme boil and add hops at the times listed. Correct? Also is centennial type hops the same as centennial? All I can find is centennial type. Thanks

Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #2217
steinsato
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Good LORD! 222 pages. I obviously did not read them all. My dad and uncle are comeing to visit in a month and I am slowly briging them around from the BMC type beers. I'm thinking this will be the prefect beer to brew. However, I have tons of Citra and Sterling hops in the freezer and no Cascade or Centennial. I realize this beer will be completely different by using one or two of these substitutions but does anyone have any experience with this grain bill and Citra or Sterling hops? It would be easy enough to sub the Centennial for Citra and Cascade for Sterling but Sterling is a much cleaner hop that Cascade...I think. And am just not sure if it will cut it. I guess the only way to know is to brew it.

"The ordinary world is only the foam on top of the real world." Tom Robbins (B is for Beer)
"It's a beautiful day for baseball. Let's play two." Ernie Banks

Old 08-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #2218
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 129

steinsato - I recommend you also take a look at BM's Sterling Gold recipe, which is linked in his Recipe Drop-Down. It's a fantastic beer, he sent me a bottle once. Mmmmm.

Your best bet might be to combine the Sterling Gold recipe and this recipe, producing a modified version between the two beers.

In short, Sterling is a very "mild" and interesting hop to work with - while Citra is a very hi-power citrusy Pale Ale-type hop - but there's no reason they can't be combined to come up with a pretty delicious combination - it just won't be an exact replication of Cascade + Centennial.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #2219
crager013
Recipes 

Default Wet hop

I just brewed this up and hopped it with just picked Cascade wet hops right off the bines! We will see!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #2220
windycitybears1985
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just did the same with the fresh hops off the bine and dry hopped with some
Cascade doing no chill. Will post the results. Carbing in keg now.

Quick Reply