Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #1921
kvess
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thanks for the reply.

The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #1922
TheOnionKnight
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Will be making a 5 gallon batch of this tomorrow morning but will be adding 3#'s of Maracuya(Yellow passion fruit) puree in secondary for 14 days. Will let you guys know how this turns out.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #1923
RonRock
Always Ready
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I may be wrong on this. But I think you should have your blow off bucket below or at least on the same level as the fermentor. I think you would stand a chance of siphoning out of the blow off bucket back into the fermentor the way it is shown in post 1914.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #1924
Gear101
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRock View Post
I may be wrong on this. But I think you should have your blow off bucket below or at least on the same level as the fermentor. I think you would stand a chance of siphoning out of the blow off bucket back into the fermentor the way it is shown in post 1914.
That is a good point and something to watch out for, but with those tubes, it would have to siphon 14 to 18 inch up to get over the highest part of the tube. But that is a good idea. s
Islamorada Pale Ale by Island Time Brewery

Stainless is Painless

Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #1925
roguemc
Recipes 

Great recipe! I just kegged my 2nd batch, my wife drank the 1st batch and she really doesn't care for beer that much it is that smooth

Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #1926
Gear101
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Third day in a row of 8 brix... WTF?

Islamorada Pale Ale by Island Time Brewery

Stainless is Painless

Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #1927
pvtschultz
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 13

You might want to hydrate and pitch a packet of US-05 or S-04 to get things moving; the longer the delay the greater the risk of a rouge bacteria or yeast taking over. What was your original gravity?

ETA:

If this is the same batch that you needed a blow-off tube on, you're done and need to buy a hydrometer. Did you hit your mash temperature? Assuming a OG of 10 Br (1.040 SG) and your current 8 Br measurement, you have come down to about 1.026 using Northern Brewer's Calculator. This is an okay way to measure FG, but the only accurate way will be with a hydrometer. If you've already fermented some, I'd try a hydrated packet of S-04 to get things going again. You can also rack to a secondary vessel and bring the carboy to a warmer area if the fermentation temperature was too low to wake up the yeast. I ferment most batches with US-05 at a controlled 65 degrees. I've read that Beano can do wonders on a stalled fermentation but the OG on this beer is really low and yeast stalling out shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/refractometer-calculator/

2014 Gallons Brewed: 19
Gallons Brewed '11-'13: 250

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvt...inally-298407/

Old 04-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #1928
jcdouglas
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I did a little experiment to see how fast I could brew this using the BIAB method. I did a 40 minute mash and a 40 minute boil, and from start to finish it took about 2.5 hours. I kegged it last week and it tasted similar to my previous efforts. If it turns out, this will be a quick session beer when I'm squeezed for time. Thanks again BierMuncher.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #1929
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts

Huzzah! After a few weeks in the keg, it has matured incredibly. Nice white, two-finger cloud-like head and the flavor has really smoothed out. I really gave up on it two weeks ago but it was amazing last night with a seafood boil. SWMBO kept drinking my pints throughout dinner

This will definitely be on my tap rotation -- I'll maybe boost the ABV to 6% but other than that -- great recipe.

Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 04-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #1930
pvtschultz
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamilton View Post
Huzzah! After a few weeks in the keg, it has matured incredibly. Nice white, two-finger cloud-like head and the flavor has really smoothed out. I really gave up on it two weeks ago but it was amazing last night with a seafood boil. SWMBO kept drinking my pints throughout dinner

This will definitely be on my tap rotation -- I'll maybe boost the ABV to 6% but other than that -- great recipe.
My experience has been exactly the same. I fermented for three weeks and then bottled. I drank the first one at a week and it was a bit rough from the hops and grainy tasting. This is obviously way too early to drink a beer but I like to witness the coming of a beer. It was pretty good by week two and came into its own by week three with the hops becoming much more balanced and the head starting to form. I just had my last one which was around 12 weeks old (9 in the bottle) and it was heavenly with pillowing head and great lager-like smoothness. The hoppiness had subsided some though by this point so weeks 4-6 in the bottle were the best by far. The only thing that would probably make it better is building water to suite the style versus using my tap water which is a little hard for the ingredients.
2014 Gallons Brewed: 19
Gallons Brewed '11-'13: 250

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvt...inally-298407/

Quick Reply