Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #1861
hogwash
Minimally Exceptional
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Just mashed in, looking forward to tasting this legendary brew!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #1862
brew2enjoy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts

Keg kicked yesterday, sheesh that was fast! Everybody loved this beer, probably too much, I hardly got any of it! lol

Old 03-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #1863
Boek
Recipes 

Just popped the top off my first batch of this stuff. It is really awesome and actually has more character than I thought it would. I suppose it is would be like a Bud Heavy if Bud was delightful.

It is very smooth with excellent flavor. The malt comes through nicely and the hops leave you with a little something to think about.

I'm tasting a bit of honey too I think. Anyone else getting that?

I would brew it again and not change a thing.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #1864
cperry7467
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This might sound weird but I'm drinking a Kentucky kolsch right now and it tastes like my centennial blonde! Like identical.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #1865
MrTheKing
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I unknowingly unhooked the line from the manifold of my keg before bleeding off the 30 psi of pressure from force carbing and got treated to a nice shower of Centennial Blonde straight to the face, before packing up for the wedding. It sure tasted pretty good.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #1866
centex99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I sure hope you did that before you had gotten dressed for the wedding! My keg is getting low... guess I may brew another batch of this goodness... this time, I'll be doing all grain... I hope its as great as the extract version was...

My Keezer Build

Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #1867
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I missed my gravity on this a bit and ended up bittering with Challenger and flavor/aroma with Cascade. Was a bit more hoppy than I hoped for but good sweet malt flavor and very drinkable.

Had a party on the 17th and I estimate there was 4.25g. in the keg, kicked the day after the party when I pulled second pint. Guess it was popular, there were only about 10 beer drinkers there, some women only had one or two...

Made something similar this weekend but backed down the hops even more (Centennial this time since I have so many). This is such a good beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #1868
HBrew71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It was finally ripe after 2 weeks in the keg. Fantastic beer. The only change I made was that I brewed with W1056. Perfect! Will brew this again.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #1869
Vomtaylor
Recipes 

Just tried my 2nd go at this beer.... First time I used white labs Nottingham platinum series, and this time wl001..... I have to say I like it better with the 001..... Great beer. Making it for a party in may... That will be the 3, maybe 4 batch by then..... Hats off to the OP. cheers

Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #1870
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBrew71 View Post
It was finally ripe after 2 weeks in the keg. Fantastic beer. The only change I made was that I brewed with W1056. Perfect! Will brew this again.
I went back and tracked each of your posts in this thread since you brewed this and I think you went primary for 2 weeks and keg condition for 2 weeks? I started drinking mine at 4 weeks (actually killed it at a party when it was 4 weeks old). 3 in primary, 1 in keg (burst-carbed). I think it was malty-sweet and a tad over-bittered due to missing my gravity. Wondering if it would have mellowed with more time or not...

It was popular, but I wonder how it would have been if I left it another week or two. I never can leave it well enough alone. Have to get more kegs so I don't drink all my beer (making room for the next one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Quick Reply