Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #1701
ZBrewski
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Has anyone aged this recipe? I'm assuming you would just loose some hop flavor/bitterness.

I have two kegs that will be about 3 months old when they are tapped(full pipeline)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #1702
Guidry
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-J2000
I do have one question. I used 4oz of corn sugar to carbonate and bottled ......, I used in 12oz & 22oz bottles, where I'm getting better results with the 12's.
That's weird. When I bottle, I usually have a better result in the 16/22oz bottles. I always contributed this to shooting for the low carb content on my part ant the greater liquid volume producing a little more carbonation.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #1703
Guidry
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewski
Has anyone aged this recipe?
Are you kidding? Taste this brew after a few weeks and tell me who has the self discipline to age it? It screams "Drink me now!" Ya know, like when the lady says now or.....Well you know!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #1704
tdogg
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I made this beer with motueka hops and brought it to a friends cabin this weekend. It was a huge hit! I got a ton of compliments, even from the guys that are more into BMC. I will definitely be making this again, probably with the recommended hops this time.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #1705
Gear101
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 187

thinking about putting mine in the garage tomorrow for three or four days to cold crash it.. then to the bottle..

Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #1706
csoult
Recipes 

Did this for my first beer ever turned out great!!! Everyone loved it, kegged it and bottled a 6 pack after a couple hours the only thing left were the bottles and I drank them while brewing my next beer. Thanks for a great first beer!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #1707
Vomtaylor
Recipes 

just kegged my batch this morning... pretty tasty.. Im serving it at a party this Sat.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #1708
gkal1964
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-J2000 View Post
Brewed up a partial boil recipe I found on an earlier post for the in-laws, and it was a hit! I do have one question. I used 4oz of corn sugar to carbonate and bottled on 12/12/11 and I'm getting bottles where some are carbonated just fine and others are coming out flat. Any ideas?? I used in 12oz & 22oz bottles, where I'm getting better results with the 12's.
Make sure you mix the priming sugar well into the wort without oxygenating it. When I used to bottle I noticed this same problem when I did not swirl the wort and priming sugar very lightly with the racking cane to combine when in the bottling bucket. This could be your problem.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #1709
Danbreeze
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Thank you Biemuncher for this recipe. I have made it 6 times in the last year, and every person I know who usually drinks BMC and has tried it always asks "You got any more of that blonde beer left?"

Keeps them away from the good stuff

First State Brewers

Proud member of the Shat in my Pants Brew Club
(ok, I made that one up)

Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #1710
9Frogs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

First attempt at AG, seemed to be an epic failure. Temps all over the place. BIAB not working for me. Sparge water temp off. Did what I could as I went along (think...Titanic....). OG way low. Picked up a pound of DME for the hell of it. Sample tasted pretty astringent, figured I messed it up, but fermented it anyway for the hell of it. Tasted a sample later to do FG....Actually tasted pretty damn good! Bottled it, and am waiting on it. Whan I want to pull a second sample to try warm and flat, it's a good sign. Now, the mastun and braid are finished, many AG videos watched, so am planning on re-brewing to see how that compares. I knew I should have just bought that 20 pound bag of grain........

Quick Reply