Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #1531
SkyHighBrew88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bottled my second batch of this last week. Delicious beer like this is why I homebrew...you just can't buy a beer like this on any old shelf.

==========================================
PRIMARY --Star-San
SECONDARY-- Empty
CURRENTLY IN BOTTLES -- Black & Blue Amber Ale
FUTURE BREWS -- DFH 90 Minute, Flying Dog Raging Bitch CYBI clone, Rye Saison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #1532
Mrtickel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hi

Just a quick question on this beer.
I made a 5 gallon partial mash of this on sunday and all went well but when it is finishes fermenting i was going to natuarlly prime the beer in my keg wit table sugar because i only have a cylinder wit mixed gases co2/nitrogen that i use for pulling the pint of beer.
So my question is how much priming sugar would you use for this beer to carb in the keg??

Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #1533
DrBrewDC
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtickel View Post
So my question is how much priming sugar would you use for this beer to carb in the keg??
Why wouldn't it be the same as if you were bottling?

Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #1534
elproducto
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

No, general rule is 1/2 to 2/3 of what you would use to bottle.

Fall Line Brewing Company

http://www.beerisafourletterword.wordpress.com

Fermenter 1 - Spring Saison
Fermenter 2 -

Keg 1 - BCS Best Bitter
Keg 2 - McDole's APA
Keg 3 - BCS Robust Smoked Porter
Keg 4 - CYBI Obsidian Stout

Old 09-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #1535
brando632
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I just got back from the lhbs and they were out of Vienna, I was talked into using .5 lbs biscuit instead. Thoughts on how this will effect things?

Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #1536
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando632 View Post
I just got back from the lhbs and they were out of Vienna, I was talked into using .5 lbs biscuit instead. Thoughts on how this will effect things?
Biscuit malt will provide a warm bread or biscuit flavor and aroma and will lend a garnet-brown color. Increases body.

Vienna is a specially processed base malt gives warm malty flavor and orange hues.

Expect to get a bit more, for a lack of a better word, biscuity flavor and slightly darker color. Might Increase the malt character profile a bit

Old 09-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #1537
brando632
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettwasbtd

Biscuit malt will provide a warm bread or biscuit flavor and aroma and will lend a garnet-brown color. Increases body.

Vienna is a specially processed base malt gives warm malty flavor and orange hues.

Expect to get a bit more, for a lack of a better word, biscuity flavor and slightly darker color. Might Increase the malt character profile a bit
I just want the beer to be as well received as the original seems to be. This will mostly be shared on a family trip, it will be the first homebrew experience for most of 'em, I gotta watch out for first impressions!

Old 09-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #1538
pvtschultz
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm not sure why I waited so long to try this recipe, but I've got 5 gallons a week into primary and holy beer goodness! This one is going into the bottle early and another batch is in short order. So many beers to make but so little time...

2014 Gallons Brewed: 19
Gallons Brewed '11-'13: 250

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvt...inally-298407/

Old 09-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #1539
cryhav0c
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I brewed 5 gallons of this 3 weeks ago and it came out superb. Very crisp & clear. Smooth and easy drinking.

I brewed my first batch with Briess 2 Row as a base but I just brewed 10 more gallons last night with Canada Malting Company 2 Row. The LHBS in New Orleans said it was more like an English 2 Row and would have a hint of the biscuity flavor. I don't think it will hurt the brew at all and am looking forward to see how it comes out.

Can't wait to get it on tap as the other is almost gone. I had some friends that had reservations about consuming homemade brew and drinking this cleared up that problem.

I have this on tap along with the EdWort's Pale Ale and it's funny to watch my friends debate which is best. It's almost like Bud, Miller & Coors guys arguing over which beer is better, (they all taste like crap to me), The recipes on these two are very close but there are subtle differences. Enough to distinguish each.

On a side note, I used fresh Cascade hops, (my first time using fresh hops) in this batch and when I put them in at the proper moment, the room exploded with a wonderful aroma! I certainly hope that imparts to the brew. All I can say is WOW!

For those of you that haven't brewed this one. Goferit! You won't regret it.

On Tap:
Centennial Blonde
EdWorts Pale Ale
Dry Irish Stout

Old 09-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #1540
smagee
Most impressive "member"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Just finished up a new batch of this last week. Og was a bit high at 1.049,but it finished at 1.004! Used wlp Irish ale yeast with no starter and definitely didn't expect it to chew through this much. Still tastes good, but the biscuit character is a bit strong. I'm going to hit it with a bit of citra to give it some more depth.

Quick Reply