Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #1021
completegeek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just tried my first bottle after a week of carbing. Barely any bubbly right now but it still tastes great. I tweaked the hops schedule to make it lean a bit more toward pale ale bitterness.

Definitely will be a regular in my pipeline.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #1022
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugenBrau View Post
In the process of making this now and noticed that I had Windsor yeast instead of nottingham. Would Safale SO 5 be ok?
Thats what I used! Turned out great

Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #1023
RugenBrau
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Finished this today. I ended up with 5 gallons which surprised me. I thought I was right on target.

"Your HYDROMETER is the only BEST indicator of fermentation activity. Nothing else is accurate or consistent"...Revvy

Last edited by RugenBrau; 01-17-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #1024
Danbreeze
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
The way you phrase this makes it sound like your little brother and his friends are teenagers.
He is turning 25, so he has done his fair share of drinking already. Still a college boy at heart though who loves his Bud Light.

This might be a good "transition" beer for him.

First State Brewers

Proud member of the Shat in my Pants Brew Club
(ok, I made that one up)

Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #1025
tnbrewer371
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

anyone know if there is any harm in letting this sit in primary for a month, i know the original instructions only say ten days or so? thats what I have been leaning towards, mostly, lately and gonna be busy in the next few months and not sure if i will have time to bottle it up and am still getting my kegging system put together? thanks

Old 01-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #1026
RugenBrau
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm looking at mine right now and it seems awfully dark. Is that normal?

"Your HYDROMETER is the only BEST indicator of fermentation activity. Nothing else is accurate or consistent"...Revvy

Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #1027
M3Shark
Recipes 

I brewed a batch thsi last weekend at it seems a lot darker than the photo's I have seen of the finished beer. I am hoping that it just lightens up some during fermentation though...

Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #1028
JonW
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Shark View Post
I brewed a batch thsi last weekend at it seems a lot darker than the photo's I have seen of the finished beer. I am hoping that it just lightens up some during fermentation though...
Are you sure your crystal was 10L? I used crystal 20 this time to darken it a bit on purpose.

My Single Tier, 3 Pump, BCS-462, Brutus Build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/sing...ed-rig-204705/
My customized BCS-462 controller web interface: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/hack...s-done-209388/
My 8 tap, 11 keg, upright Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/upri...1-kegs-371438/

Old 01-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #1029
gkal1964
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Shark View Post
Are you looking at the beer through your carboy or fermenter? Your beer will look a lot darker and even a different hue when viewing through your carboy. Look at your beer when you take a hydrometer reading, this is the true color of the beer.

Biermuncher; using your advice I bottled my "rush" super bowl Centennial Blonde today. Brew day went well, however I hit 78% efficiency and ended up with 1.054 OG. Used a re-pitch 1056 3rd gen, from my neighbor. The beer tastes Great. 10 days in primary Straight to bottle. Gives me 2 weeks plus 4 days, should be fine. Will let you know how this tastes. Oh by the way the beer is slightly cloudy so I will be borrowing your "Unfiltered beer" line. Thanks again.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #1030
RugenBrau
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Mine has really started to lighten up. Took a reading and am currently at 1.010. Of course I had to drink the hydro sample...really interesting. I like it. I can't wait till this beer is done. Review coming in the next two weeks.

Quick Reply