Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > Multiple - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #1001
zeitgeistbrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Just put my order in for this brew with Northern Brewer! Cant wait to get this in the kegerator!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2011, 03:41 AM   #1002
McCuckerson
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've had a few martinis and could really go for a beer so I just tapped a keg of the CB that has been on the gas for 2 days and was brewed 8 days ago; this beer is very good and has no signs of green-ness at all. This is pretty amazing, thanks BM! OBTW, it tastes really good, little malty, little hop presence and a nice dry finish.

"Real men drink their freakin' yeast starters...."

Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #1003
gkal1964
Recipes 

Hey BM. Long time lurker first time poster. I have made this beer in the past using the 1,2,3 time frame (one week primary, 2 weeks secondary 3 weeks bottles). Brought my latest batch to a new years party and it was a big hit! Unfortunately the drank all my beer and now I need a batch for the super bowl. I can't brew to next Saturday January 8th. That leaves me 4 weeks to get this beer ready. What is the best plan to get this beer ready to drink in 4 weeks, bottle conditioned? Thanks in advance for your advise and also for an excellent recipe.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #1004
jwible204
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i love this beer.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #1005
Hawaiianbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Well I made a last minute brew change and decided to try the the CB. I'd usually research it better but since it was so rushed I didn't do all my homework (reading this thread). Anyway, I split a 10gal batch with notty and Safale, only I accidentally pitched 04 instead of 05. Any idea how the SF 04 will turn out for this style? Sweeter / fruitier I'd imagine. Thankfully I have 5 gal of the original recipe for a control I guess.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #1006
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 581 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiianbrewer View Post
Well I made a last minute brew change and decided to try the the CB. I'd usually research it better but since it was so rushed I didn't do all my homework (reading this thread). Anyway, I split a 10gal batch with notty and Safale, only I accidentally pitched 04 instead of 05. Any idea how the SF 04 will turn out for this style? Sweeter / fruitier I'd imagine. Thankfully I have 5 gal of the original recipe for a control I guess.
A little maltier is all. Not a bad thing though this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwible204 View Post
Holy crap that's a fluffy head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkal1964 View Post
Hey BM. Long time lurker first time poster. I have made this beer in the past using the 1,2,3 time frame (one week primary, 2 weeks secondary 3 weeks bottles). Brought my latest batch to a new years party and it was a big hit! Unfortunately the drank all my beer and now I need a batch for the super bowl. I can't brew to next Saturday January 8th. That leaves me 4 weeks to get this beer ready. What is the best plan to get this beer ready to drink in 4 weeks, bottle conditioned? Thanks in advance for your advise and also for an excellent recipe.
Aerate the crap out of the beer and use plenty of yeast. Give it 10 days in the primary and then right to the bottling bucket and bottle. This is a low gravity beer and can be drinkable pretty quickly. Get those bottles into a 70 degree room so they carbonate quickly (not warmer). I'd try to allow at least 48 hours in the fridge prior to serving. They will definitely be cloudy due to chill haze, but two full days in the chiller should lock in the carbonation so you have good head retention. (I always refer to my chill haze beers as "unfiltered". People seem to dig that. )
Gothic_Horror Likes This 
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #1007
gkal1964
Recipes 

Quote:
Aerate the crap out of the beer and use plenty of yeast. Give it 10 days in the primary and then right to the bottling bucket and bottle. This is a low gravity beer and can be drinkable pretty quickly.
My thoughts too. I have to admit I have opened this beer two weeks after bottling and it was excellent, a little low on the carbonation but passable with a slight chill haze (never bothered me). Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #1008
jwible204
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post

Holy crap that's a fluffy head.

yea, i have a chrome faucet and a perlick. the perlick pours perfect but the old chrome one seems to foam a lot. that's ok though, i don't mind a huge fluffy white head on this beer. thanks again BM, this beer is a huge with with everyone who drinks it.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #1009
cjsturch
Recipes 

Brewing this one today myself. Going to be a good day.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #1010
McCuckerson
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just put 5 gallons of this on the gas that had 2 weeks on the primary at 65f, and 2 weeks in the secondary at 34f. I am wondering if the hybrid technique will make it a tad more "lager-like". Its already a great quaffer, my first batch went out of the primary in 8 days and on the gas for 2 and was totally drinkable. I just wanted to see what would happen... I'll let you guys know.

PS I get the vienna at the end of the taste with the slight hoppiness; its really a well rounded beer for 1.040!

"Real men drink their freakin' yeast starters...."

Last edited by McCuckerson; 01-11-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Wanted to write more about beer; do I have a problem?

Quick Reply