Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #941
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 253 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
Ed, What do you have your barley crusher set at? Cheers!
Mine is set at the default setting, 12 O'clock.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #942
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

No stress all grain day with your recipe Ed, I followed it to the letter and the beer looks great.

THANKS!

Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Old 06-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #943
Beau815
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Brewing this again Tuesday and am so excited already!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #944
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed the exact AG recipe this morning started at 9:00am and was finished, cleanup and all by 2:00pm. My OG reading was 1.050, I think I did alright. The hydrometer tasted sweet and the very end I would get a bitter bite. All in all I think this is going to be fantastic.

Question for you bottlers out there, what timeline do you follow? I've got a big camping trip coming up July 6th through the 10th and was hoping I'd be able to bring this batch up there. I'm thinking 10 days in the primary then straight to bottles for the following two weeks. I understand the beer will still be very green, but I'm willing to bet it's going to taste like heaven to a bunch of thirsty campers. What does everyone think?

Thanks for the recipe Ed, I'm already preparing to brew this again in the very near future.

Curt

Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #945
Sudz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkid View Post
Brewed the exact AG recipe this morning started at 9:00am and was finished, cleanup and all by 2:00pm. My OG reading was 1.050, I think I did alright. The hydrometer tasted sweet and the very end I would get a bitter bite. All in all I think this is going to be fantastic.

Question for you bottlers out there, what timeline do you follow? I've got a big camping trip coming up July 6th through the 10th and was hoping I'd be able to bring this batch up there. I'm thinking 10 days in the primary then straight to bottles for the following two weeks. I understand the beer will still be very green, but I'm willing to bet it's going to taste like heaven to a bunch of thirsty campers. What does everyone think?

Thanks for the recipe Ed, I'm already preparing to brew this again in the very near future.

Curt
I follow the 1,2,3 rule (1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks in the bottle) but many seem to cut this short on the lighter beers without too much trade off in taste. Campers in the hot sun shouldn't care.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #946
kedash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkid View Post

Curt
I brewed this as my first AG and had the exact same OG as you (1.050). We bottled it after 13 days in the primary (close to the 10 you are suggesting) and it tasted good after two weeks in the bottle. We weren't diving into it after two weeks, we were just curious. It's now been in the bottle five weeks and it's very good. This beer doesn't have much hop aroma or hop flavor, but I don't think this recipe is supposed to have much of those two qualities. This beer is balanced and tastes great. My hombrew friends thought we used some finings due to the clarity, but we didn't.

I think your plan will work out fine. As you stated, it will be a little green, but it will still be good for campers.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #947
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I did this for a second time this weekend and came up a 1/2 gal short again I did hit a 1.052 OG

Going to try it again in the near future and see if I can add a 3/4 of a gal to the sparge to get a final of 5 gals.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #948
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the tips fellow bottlers!

I checked the fermenter this morning and had some fairly standard activity in the airlock, nothing I haven't seen before. I just got home from work approx. 30 minutes ago and the airlock is just plain going crazy, I've never had one of my beers bubble this fast.

Curt

Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #949
Battery_BreweryNJ

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Just wanted to say I love this beer and It is always on tap in my house. Just added 10 more gallons of this to my pipeline this weekend. Also this beer ferments like a madman! I'm currently listening to the rapid-fire of the blowoff, it has been like this all day.

Fermenting: ESB

Drinking: Feelin' Witty(DH w/ Citra)

Watts Brewing Blog

Old 06-09-2009, 03:35 AM   #950
Vaughn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I brewed this up on Saturday as my first all grain batch. Everything went awesome. I hit all my numbers except i ended up with right at 5 gal in the carboy instead of 5.5 . I think i just had the burner on too high. The Nottingham started doing its thing within 5 hours. Overall a great brew day, now i am just waiting to taste it. Cheers!

Quick Reply