Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #901
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 263 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Looking mighty good tspilker. Hmmmm.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #902
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

I sampled my batch of this last night after 3 days in the keg. Very tasty. Light, crisp, with a nice hop aroma from the dry hopped cascade. Only problem I realized is that I forgot to use any Irish Moss in the boil so it's a little hazy but I'm hoping some more time in the keg will help it clear up a bit more.

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #903
nghtmre4u
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Heres a pic from my second batch.Thanks Ed I love this stuff.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #904
wzup97
Recipes 

Brewed my 4th batch of this in March, only this time dry hopped a half once of left over Cascade. Tasted it last night, Excellent, probably the best brew I have ever made.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #905
wedward
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

This should be a required brew for all moving to AG! It was my third actual AG solo, and I brewed it mainly cause it was cheap, fast and easy, but also to get spent grains for some Irish bread on St. Paddy's.
So 3/13 - the night before my party I brewed this up AG 5.5 G version - minor tweaks. In primary at 1.065 at 65-75 F and left it (other than to show visitors what fermentation looks like). It stayed there for 37 days....
I got tired & lazy and was sure it was not going to be good. I took a reading and decided to rack it to a secondary carboy (1.012 FG). Tasted pretty good, so I continued with it.
Left it there again for about a week... Then racked to a keg and crash cooled at 38F. Let rest for 3 days then ran with pressure from keg to keg through a home made filter (whole house filter modded) and back in the keezer. About 72 hours at 30-40PSI for a force keg. Settled at 12 PSI afterwards and started tasting it (5/1). SWMBO LOVED it. Guests from work (also homebrewers) loved it too. Half keg now gone... may not make it to competition (work comp for fun).

Anyone even remotely curious about trying this beer should dive in as it is hard to screw it up. Also a testament to patience and time!

Prost Ed!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #906
Blindguardian
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am also using this for my first all grain recipe, as a matter of fact I am heating my water as we speak.
Wish me luck

I hope mine turns out as great as everyone here's has turn out!

I do have a question:

How much priming sugar should I use to carbonate with? I am bottle carbonating and conditioning as I do not have the means to keg.

thanks

Old 05-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #907
Rick500
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There's a good priming sugar calculator here.

I'd carb an APA to about 2.4 volumes or so.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #908
MN_Jay
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After a winter hiatus I stepped back in the pool with this one yesterday, I'm anxious to see how it tastes compared to the first batch I did when I used S-05 and 2 month old unsealed crushed grain....although it was still mighty tasty.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #909
kice
Recipes 

Default yay

So I brewed this to be ready for last year (my son was born) and this was to be a celebratory beer =)

It was also my first step into AG. It didn't go well. I didn't do a very good job planning nor did I take the time to do anything right. I wasn't surprised when it was done that it was awful tasting and cloudy So the remainder of the bottles ended up in the back of fridge for a few months. Until this past weekend I pulled them out to dispose of them =(

I pulled them out of the fridge and looked inside the bottle. What used to be a cloudy mess was crystal clear - so I grabbed a glass. It was delicious! What the hell was I thinking? I learned a ton from brewing this beer. I revamped my brewing procedure, invested in some better equipment, and learned to not give up and be patient. I'm hooked. BREW THIS BEER YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #910
Boodlemania
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Bottled my first batch, after 3 weeks in primary, this weekend. Only change was WLP001 subbed for Notty.

- CStone

Quick Reply