Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #641
NikolausXX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Well Ed you would be proud. My brewing buddy Dboss and I have made 20 gallons of Haus pale ale in 2 months. 2 per recipe, and 2 modified.

Primary- Jamils Pale ale with crystal
Kegged- Apfelwein (almost gone)
Ageing- Joam Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #642
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Good job guys!

I just tapped a fresh keg yesterday after a few months of no Haus Ale. It's good to have it back!

Old 11-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #643
Jps7117
Recipes 

I pulled another couple of pints yesterday.

It's the second week of keg conditioning. It's starting to mellow out nicely and clear up.

It tastes great! It will definately be a staple around my house.

Hopefully, after following the progress of this one, I can keep my paws off the next one for at least four weeks.

After my first beer didn't turn out too well, this one really got me excited about brewing beer (all grain especially) for the long term. Thanks Ed!

Oh....and I will become a HBT premium supporter very soon!

Old 11-08-2008, 02:39 AM   #644
NikolausXX
Recipes 

Well I bottled my gelatin haus pale last night. The carboy was completely clear and amber colored. My final beer came out like the one in the last pic on here but completely clear. Using same vienna as before, only 2row from different lhbs. This batch came out much lighter in color, probably the 4 or 5 srm that beersmith projected. That is wierd to me that is is so much lighter in color. I will post some pics after the bottles prep for a week or 2. The initial tasting of the flat beer from bottling, the extra hops are very noticable, as are the light dryhop I put in. Should turn out real good. But will look like BMC.

Primary- Jamils Pale ale with crystal
Kegged- Apfelwein (almost gone)
Ageing- Joam Mead

Old 11-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #645
brewjunky
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When I made the recipe it also came out a lot lighter in color then Eds. I was using crystal 15 as well so I thought it would be darker

Old 11-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #646
Toppers
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My LHBS only carries Durst Vienna Malt, will it work for this? The 2 row is Rahr. Thanks.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #647
SilverKing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

brewed 5Gal of this yesterday. Went without a hitch. looking forward to tasting it for the first time. Thanks Ed!

Old 11-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #648
KingBrianI
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 9

brewed 5.5 gal today using carahell in place of the crystal 10. planning on taking it to a christmas party next month. thought i would let all my coworkers see how good it was too!

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #649
MN_Jay
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Edwort,
I couldn't believe it this weekend when I tried a commercial pale ale and if someone told me it Bee Cave Haus Pale ale I would of believed them. I couldn't believe the similarities between that and the batch I brewed of yours. It was called Summit Extra Pale Ale, and since it's made in St. Paul, MN I doubt if it reaches texas so you could try it. The strange thing is that Summit actually says on their website that they use 2-row harrington and caramel for their malts and horizon, fuggle and cascade for their hops. Obviously quite a bit different than yours but still, the similarities were unmistakable.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #650
jimba009
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I did a 3.5 gallon version of this recipe on Saturday. First all grain i did (used Deathbrewers method) and it went well. I used the nottingham yeast as suggested, the stuff blasted off! i pitched at 80 degress and the wort held that temp until this morning. Do you think the initial fermentation temp will cause some off flavors? there was almost a 3" head and one hell of a "blizzard" in the carboy. The krausen has fallen and little to no airlock activity. Thanks for the suggestion Ed, this was probably the most active i have seen yeast yet.

Quick Reply