Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #2741
Fordzilla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leipzig View Post
This weekend i am brewing a modified extract batch of this using Gold & Maris Otter malt syrup in conjunction w/ Australia Helga Hops and WLP009 Australian Ale yeast. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
So...how is this anything like this recipe? Sounds like you've literally changed every ingredient, thus it is your recipe now haha.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #2742
Leipzig
Recipes 

the next time i lean on someone else's recipe and get excited about brewing i will just keep it to myself.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #2743
sethlovex
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leipzig
the next time i lean on someone else's recipe and get excited about brewing i will just keep it to myself.
Don't do that. A great part of this hobby is toying with recipes. You will still have a drinkable brew no matter what IMO. Keep us posted how your variation turns out. The above poster is right tho, nothing like the original...but who cares? I just brewed biermunchers centennial but instead of doing a 55 minute I did Fwh. Why? I don't know, it seems like the cool thing to do these days. I guess my point is have fun, experiment, and who knows, your variation could turn out to be the best beer ever brewed!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #2744
barleywhore69
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sigh...
5 gallons of this will probably get dumped.
I never quite got it to really boil with my crappy stove.
So it is totally my (stove's) fault.
Now I have a heatstick.
It tastes like DMS (I think).
Very unpleasant. Should have known. Tasted like crap in the hydrometer samples every time...
Sucks.
I will try again though.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #2745
CoopersGoose
Recipes 

Brewed on 3/18. Fermented 70F for 13 days, crash cooled in secondary to 38F for 4 days, threw in gelatin on forth day and kegged on the 7th. Been on the gas now for 12 days. Drew first pint tonight, and must say it cleared very well, and is a very nice beer. Thanks for the recipe! I've got My second batch of BierMunchers Centennial Blonde in bottles conditioning. Not sure which I like better - now I've got 5 gals of each to compare. Maybe I can make a decision on which is better soon, but is that really important?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #2746
Karmanimal
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Finally yesterday I tasted this wonderful beer.
Soooooooo good!

Thank you so much for the recipe!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #2747
notfound
Recipes 

I just graduated to AG from extract, and this was my first brew! We did it BIAB, and made an album. Just thought I'd post a thank you for the recipe!

P.S. does anyone know if I should leave the hops in when transferring to the primary? I usually strain them out; but would it impart more hop aroma and flavor if I left the in and then strained at bottling?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #2748
Brizzo
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfound
I just graduated to AG from extract, and this was my first brew! We did it BIAB, and made an album. Just thought I'd post a thank you for the recipe!

P.S. does anyone know if I should leave the hops in when transferring to the primary? I usually strain them out; but would it impart more hop aroma and flavor if I left the in and then strained at bottling?

Strain them before transferring to the primary. The boil used up all the goodness from the hops and the fermentation would most likely drive off any residual goodies. Plus, I like to limit the amount of trub that I dump into my fermentors. After the fermentation is done you can dryhop to add the hop aroma to the beer.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #2749
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Brewed this up today. I was a little off on my OG, 1.044, but it all went pretty well! My second AG batch! Can't wait to try it!!

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #2750
Nosnum08
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer
Brewed this up today. I was a little off on my OG, 1.044, but it all went pretty well! My second AG batch! Can't wait to try it!!
In sure it will be great. The first time I brewed this recipe my OG was right around there. My FG was a little lower than the original recipe also because I had a hard time controlling the mash temp and ended up mashing at a pretty low temp. All in all it was my best batch.

Quick Reply