Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #2401
MyNameIsPaul
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 155

I usually (ok, never!) come back to a recipe that I've happily stolen from someone on here to kneel at their feet and shower them in accolades, but damn... I can't stop drinking this stuff. It's got a permanent home on tap over here. It's got great head retention and lacing, and the aroma lasts through the last sip. My pint glasses and I thank you, good sir.

See one melée of unruly people, and you've seen a maul.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #2402
CourtHouseBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Everyone loved this here so much I am picking up the grain bill today to make it again this weekend. First time I have ever made the same beer twice. It will be interesting to see if I have consistency yet in my brewing.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #2403
boxofjibboo
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts

Brewed this two weeks ago. Still have it in primary brcause decided to dry hop today. This still has krausen on top. Does this seem strange to anyone else?

This is my first all grain and seems to have come out very well.

OG 1.05
Gravity today 1.08

Excited to bottle next weekend!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #2404
squintyjay
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Brewed this as my first all grain here too. Everything seemed to go off about as well as I could've expected (with the odd spill, curse and lessons learned along the way!). Had to substitute Munich instead of the Vienna so not sure how much impact it will have on the outcome but hope to make it again with ingredients listed.

Mine still had some krausen on top after two weeks as well but gravity was stable so decided to rack it. Have it carbing in the keg now and can't wait to give it a try!

Thanks Ed for the recipe and thanks to all the other brewers for the tips and advice provided on this board! Think I may give your Kolsch a shot for my next brew.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #2405
garbageman
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Thanks Ed! Still have a little haze but great.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #2406
jakedasnake
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Looking at brewing this weekend, getting really excited about it! I was thinking about doing my first 10 gallon batch for this. I can only ferment with 2 different buckets or carboys and only one of those can be in my fermentation chamber, so the one will be at 68 but the other will turn out probably a little warmer like around 70-72. How will you guys think this will effect the flavor of this beer. Think it will be worth it or just stick with the 5 gallon?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #2407
Wingfan13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnake View Post
Looking at brewing this weekend, getting really excited about it! I was thinking about doing my first 10 gallon batch for this. I can only ferment with 2 different buckets or carboys and only one of those can be in my fermentation chamber, so the one will be at 68 but the other will turn out probably a little warmer like around 70-72. How will you guys think this will effect the flavor of this beer. Think it will be worth it or just stick with the 5 gallon?
I say do it. Sounds like a cool experiment. You may like the one that fermented higher better.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #2408
jakedasnake
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
I say do it. Sounds like a cool experiment. You may like the one that fermented higher better.
Alright thanks i will be trying this. Just putting the recipe in beersmith (still trying to learn all the base grains and malts) but what 2 row pale malt is it, is it Briess, US, Bel, UK? And as well what is the 10L malt? sorry total rookie question but when putting it in beersmith it confuses me on what exact malt to use!
thanks guys

Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #2409
rossi46
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnake

Alright thanks i will be trying this. Just putting the recipe in beersmith (still trying to learn all the base grains and malts) but what 2 row pale malt is it, is it Briess, US, Bel, UK? And as well what is the 10L malt? sorry total rookie question but when putting it in beersmith it confuses me on what exact malt to use!
thanks guys
Briess is a maltster. 2 row is a base malt. More than likely you has us 2 row. 10l is a caramel malt.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #2410
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

This recipe will make up the bulk of the beer at my wedding next month.

Cheers!

Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Quick Reply