Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #2071
phoenixs4r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJohnnys

Only 5 hours....man I wish I could get done that fast
I have a 2 year running around. I'm just thankful my girfried puts up with me being in the garage that long.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #2072
duffman2
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default 2nd attempt?

Just thought I'd pick your brew brain Ed. I brewed this last year and although it was good, it fell short of my expectations. I don't have my notes here (Still at work ) but the overpowering presence of the beer was yeast.

I bottled the whole batch, and it was very yeasty with the Nottingham. And not really in a good way.

Just wondering how to better clean it up and try it one more time

Old 10-21-2011, 02:42 AM   #2073
FranklinsBestHomebrew
Recipes 

Sounds good

Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #2074
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman2
Just thought I'd pick your brew brain Ed. I brewed this last year and although it was good, it fell short of my expectations. I don't have my notes here (Still at work ) but the overpowering presence of the beer was yeast.

I bottled the whole batch, and it was very yeasty with the Nottingham. And not really in a good way.

Just wondering how to better clean it up and try it one more time
Try using US05. The first batch of this I brewed used US05 and I loved it. I rebrewed it and used nottingham. I guess I just don't like the flavor of notty fermentations.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #2075
n8dagr8
Recipes 

What temps are you fermenting at and for how long? If I've read correct Nottingham works best at mid 60s. I've got another batch going righty now that i'm keeping around 66-68. I always give this one at least 10 days, too.

I thought the last batch was delicious however.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #2076
KCBigDog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I just finished brewing this one. Added a little 2 Row for efficiency help, and ended up with 1.058 OG.

Also, added .5 oz of Stryian Goldings I had laying around at 45 minutes.

Thanks for the recipe!

Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #2077
duffman2
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IffyG View Post
Try using US05. The first batch of this I brewed used US05 and I loved it. I rebrewed it and used nottingham. I guess I just don't like the flavor of notty fermentations.
Think I have some S-04 and Notty at the house. I don't know, my three legged dog ate my brew book so I'm not sure how I fermented it. Probably around 68 to 70F.

Like I said it was a very yeasty beer and kind of reminded me of Delirium Tremmens. A little off, I know

Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #2078
Alelager
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman2 View Post
Think I have some S-04 and Notty at the house. I don't know, my three legged dog ate my brew book so I'm not sure how I fermented it. Probably around 68 to 70F.

Like I said it was a very yeasty beer and kind of reminded me of Delirium Tremmens. A little off, I know

Three legged dog? Sparging accident?

Old 10-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #2079
duffman2
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Well, he wasn't a three legged dog till after he ate my brew book. If you know what I mean

Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #2080
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by makomachine View Post
Kegged this past Saturday after ~14 days in primary and it's a nice beer. I'd dry hop it and up the flavor hops slightly if I was the primary consumer, but this was my gateway beer for non-craft beer drinkers. To that end, it suits it's purpose - thanks for sharing!
After 6 or so pints, and more time in the keg, I'm seeing the beautiful simplicity of this beer. It's highly quafable and the perfect gateway ale for the non-craft beer drinkers. I had three pints today and I believe I may have just found my lawnmower beer! Next batch, and there will be a next batch, I'm going to dry hop 1/2 oz or so to give a hair of cascade aroma. Bittering is spot on and don't want to mess with the flavor given the intended audience. Thanks Ed!
Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Quick Reply