Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #2021
idigg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Try to brew it again, I think what I really like about this is the 2# of vienna, so tasty. I let it primary for 14 days and then crash cooled for 48 hours, bottled. I opened first bottle after 12 days of conditioning, and it has loads of carbonation!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #2022
fall-line
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Just a quick note to say thanks, Ed. I've now made 4 batches of this beer (2 PM and 2 AG), and it has been one of the best received beers among our friends. I served this at my wedding this summer, as well as at the wedding of a good friend, and the guests tore through the kegs (and asked for more) on both occasions.

Recently I've started tweaking AG recipes and experimenting more, and used this as my starting point for all things Pale.

Prost!

Old 09-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #2023
ThinBlueLine
Recipes 

After a 3 week primary and a 1 week crash cool in a secondary with gelatin, I kegged this tonight and it was crystal clear. The aroma was great and the hydro sample tasted awesome!

I followed the recipe to a tee with 1 exception... I dry hopped the keg with 1 ounce of cascade in a nylon paint strainer bag using the biermuncher method. This is my first time doing this so I'll post an update soon!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #2024
iammatt
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Brewed this as my first all grain brew after a year hiatus. Followed exactly, sadly due to mistakes in the brewing process that may be related to drinking I missed my sparge temp and only got a 70% efficency followed by half the initial bittering cascades boiling over in the very beginning. I hop bursted an additional .25oz. of Cascade at 30 and 45 minutes in followed by an ounce of Amarillo at Flame out for deliciousness.

What I ended up with after a 2 Week Primary, with a week cold crash and 4 weeks in bottle is a wonderful, 4.9% ABV 32 IBU Sessionable pale ale I can drink all day. Bitter, Perfumey and Dry with a bit of grain sitting in there. It tastes very much like a lighter little brother of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I've yet to be let down by an EdWort recipe!

Last edited by iammatt; 09-13-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Pictar!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #2025
TheGeek
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Brewed this today using my homegrown cascade. Only modification I'm making is a 1oz dry hop in a secondary (because I had an extra ounce from my harvest). hehe.

Will post and let you know how it turned out.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #2026
burninmules
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeek
Brewed this today using my homegrown cascade. Only modification I'm making is a 1oz dry hop in a secondary (because I had an extra ounce from my harvest). hehe.

Will post and let you know how it turned out.
Sounds great. You will not be disappointed.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #2027
mychalg9
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I brewed this today for the first time. I was trying to work some kinks out of my system. I did a half batch and got about 2.75 gallons in the fermenter at 1.045. Brew day went great, 4.5 hours from start to finish. First time using my chiller as well. Hoping to hear some bubbling before bedtime tonight. I'm very optimistic about this one

Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #2028
kappclark

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Going to be my next batch, except I will be using Essex Ale yeast (WPL022) bec that's what I have on hand

Bill Clark
Windham, VT

Old 09-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #2029
deepcdan99
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Brewed on Saturday with some 1056 from a local brew pub that I frequent. Second time with this recipe and I loved it the first time.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #2030
n8dagr8
Recipes 

Did the extract version of this...added centennial for bittering since AHBS cascade came in a little low on the %AA.

10 days primary, cold crashed, kegged and chilled for 1 week. Amazing! Crisp and crystal clear. This one now has a dedicated keg.

Thanks, Ed!

Quick Reply