Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 05:27 AM   #1491
businesstime
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the beer! I was really surprised at the sweetness of this pale ale. It finished at right around 1.010, but it was not dry tasting at all. I even used it to experiment with apricot extract. Very yummy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #1492
KillerKellers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Brewed this a couple times as a partial mash, and this was my first AG today. Did this as a 10gal batch (going for bust!). Had a few mistakes. When I did the vorlauf for the first runnings, I do not think I did it enough and ended up with some floaties. Hopefully not enough to be an issue.

Also ended up with a 14.7 brix (1.060 OG) which was higher then I anticipated, so I guess I just had better efficiency and a little higher final volume.

Primary: 10g English Mild, 10g Robust Porter, 10g Skeeter Pee
Keg: Black Cherry Apfelwein, 10g AHS Low Carb Ale, 10g Centennial Blonde, Haus Pale Ale, Ginger Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnevoodoo View Post
I find that a pint of my own semen makes the best starters.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #1493
JMass
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I can't believe I haven't seen this recipe. I'm usually looking for Cascade recipes to use up my home grown hops. I think we need a sticky with all of Edwort's recipes if there isn't one already. Well, I'm running out of kegs, but I'm sure one will come out of use eventually.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #1494
seanybubbles
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMass View Post
I think we need a sticky with all of Edwort's recipes if there isn't one already.
Sounds good to me

Old 05-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #1495
DZzero15
Recipes 

Transferred this one over tonight. The sample was delicious... very much like the Texas Blondes I've had from both Real Ale and Southern Star. Now only if there were some Texas blondes around to drink it as well. Made mine with Hallertau which is giving me the a less hoppy beer as hoped for.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #1496
deezy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed this up sunday for my first AG. Took this pic almost almost 24hrs later..mmmm.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...aMlAwU1zkaR8rQ

Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #1497
fezzman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I think I'll give this recipe a go this weekend. It will be my first AG without assistance. I only have a 5 gallon mash tun. Think that will be okay for this recipe? I'll surely build a bigger one shortly after.

I also have some EKG that are already opened. Think it'd come out okay if I substitute the Cascades for EKG?

I can't wait..............

Old 05-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #1498
Sedge
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Using EKG over Cascades will certainly make a beer that will come out ok, and having similar alpha acids makes the amounts remain the same. However, don't expect it to taste anything like the original recipe (hop-wise). EKG will give you a real earthy flavor with a bit of a floral aroma. Nothing like the citrusy grapefruit aroma cascades typically impart.

Fermenting: Flanders Red Ale
Conditioning: Blackberry Mead, Altbier, Cardamom Saison
Kegged: Vanilla Bourbon Porter, Belgian Strong Dark

Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #1499
fezzman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
Using EKG over Cascades will certainly make a beer that will come out ok, and having similar alpha acids makes the amounts remain the same. However, don't expect it to taste anything like the original recipe (hop-wise). EKG will give you a real earthy flavor with a bit of a floral aroma. Nothing like the citrusy grapefruit aroma cascades typically impart.
I've been thinking...a very dangerous thing. I need to get some AG practice in, and I've got enough hops in the freezer for 3 batches (each with a different hop). This base recipe is perfect to warm up to AG with. I will crank them out, one per weekend if SWMBO will let me. I'll probably use WLP001 for all 3 because I've got a bit already washed and ready. Would that be okay or should I just grab some Notty?

1. First batch I will do the tried and true original recipe w/Cascades
2. Second will be the same grain bill but with EKG
3. Third I will substitute the Vienna for Munich (which I already have) and use Willamette.*
4. I'll finally brew the SNPA clone that i just got in the mail.

This way I'll be able to stock up on summer pool party brew and only need to buy 24lbs Pale, 4lbs Vienna, 1.5 lbs Crystal. I won the hops and Munich in a raffle.

See anything wrong with my plan of attack?

*Since I just killed the original recipe I may throw in .25lb Carafa III & .25 Victory...just because it's laying around

Last edited by fezzman; 05-27-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #1500
dunnright00
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMass View Post
I think we need a sticky with all of Edwort's recipes if there isn't one already.
Or you could just go to the first post of this thread and click on Ed's recipe drop-down.

"I'm sittin' here, completely surrounded by No Beer!" - Onslow

Quick Reply