Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #1471
charliec
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I just tried my first batch of this beer. Some of the best damm beer I've had! Ya ought to be be proud Ed, far as know almost 4,000 gallons of this beer has been brewed. I'm going to have to work at keeping this beer on hand.

Primary 1: Crystal Springs Kolsh
Primary 2: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Stone Ruination Clone : Cream of Three crops
On deck: Crystal Springs "Sticke" Alt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #1472
foltster
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Me and my buddy brewed up 10 gallons of this brew Friday night. Pitched my already aggressively fermenting starter and it seems like its almost finished with primary fermentation already. I will be leaving this one for 3 weeks in primary than secondary for few days to help clear things up.

Looking forward to getting this one on tap in early June!

Still brewing...

Old 05-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #1473
Frank99
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll brew my first batch of this next weekend as I just had the father/brother in law over and I need something on tap that appeals to the mass audience. They weren't quite sure what to do with my Dunkelweizen or Nut Brown Ale.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #1474
goose1873
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZzero15 View Post
I was extremely tempted when I saw a post on this thread saying... this beer is like Fireman's 4. Being a Texas ex-pat in Virginia, I'm hoping this beer will be a pleasant reminder of home. I've decided to do the mini-mash and subbed Hallertau for the Cascade to reduce the hop profile a bit to make it more in line with Fireman's 4. Hoping it will be ready for my party I'm having the first week of June. Here is my revised hopping schedule:

1 oz Hallertau 60 Mins
1 oz Hallertau 45 Mins
.5 oz Hallertau 15 Mins
.5 oz Hallertau 5 Mins

I'll report back and let everyone know how it goes.
The cascades give it a nice citrusy summer ale flavor. It may be very good with Hallertau but will be a completely different beer. my .02...

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
----Frank Zappa

Old 05-11-2010, 04:15 AM   #1475
DZzero15
Recipes 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love cascade just as much as the next guy. I just wanted something with a slightly lower IBU to make it more like a true blonde ale and hallertau seemed like the obvious choice. Also, I plan to serve it up at a party with some non-beer aficionados and this seemed like a good compromise. I'll probably brew it with Cascade someday soon. Or I'll load up on cascade and maybe some centennial and make me a citrus/grapefruit hop bomb IPA.

Cheers,

Last edited by DZzero15; 05-11-2010 at 04:18 AM.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #1476
sycotik

Recipes 

I will be doing my first All-grain as well with this. To do a 10 gallon batch all I need to do is double the recipe on the first page correct? If not, what would change in going from 5 to 10 gallon batch of this?

Thanks

Old 05-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #1477
Jughead
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I just racked my first batch of Ed's Pale Ale to secondary. Tastes Great! I made this for the less adventurous friends for my annual Memorial Day camping trip. I think it will be a big hit!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #1478
Razorbrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think I will be using this to jump into all grain. Very soon!

Razorbrew! Go Hogs!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #1479
goose1873
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

good choice... its a great summer brew. I have a batch on tap and another in-line

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
----Frank Zappa

Old 05-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #1480
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I have to say, I must have messed this up somewhere. I'm not digging it. Seems too heavy on the sweeter end. I mashed at 154. Got side tracked so I missed my temp. Still in all, very sweet. Might just need to age a bit. Definitely not ready right out of the fermenter like some have said. It has been kegged and carbed for about a week now. I'm going to give it another few weeks in the keg and see if it balances out. Sat in the fermenter for 3 weeks. From pictures it looks like the SRM is right on, maybe a shade darker but still pretty close.

Quick Reply