Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #1381
Jbt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I got everything to make my 3rd batch of this over the weekend. Last night I noticed that they gave me Briess Pilsner instead of 2 row is this going to make much difference??
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #1382
rvbrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Thank you Ed

This was my first all grain and it turned into my best beer yet. Although I have horrible efficiency... A 4 gallon batch has pleased everyone who has tried it!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #1383
Token
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Whops. I brewed this up on Sunday as an extract (half batch/ 2.5 gal) and ended up with an OG at 1.057. Should I add water to it? How much? When? Or should I not worry too much about it?

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #1384
tdjb
Recipes 

For those of you that used the pre-built recipe at Brewmasters Warehouse, did you just follow the same hope schedule from the original recipe? I ask because I noticed the hops from Brewmasters Warehouse were 5.4% AA but the original recipe was using 6.6% AA hops.

Will the lower AA's make a big difference?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #1385
mullimat
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 1 Posts

About to brew up my 3rd or 4th batch of this (I forget how much i've brewed of it so far). Unfortunately the LHBS up here in Fairbanks kinda had a suffering inventory (they said they ordered more stuff) so I had to substitute Pale Malt for the 2 row and Amarillo hops for cascade hops. Hope it turns out pretty comparable.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #1386
Omegagodly
Recipes 

good easy recipe, decided to do this as my first ever batch and all grain attempt. went very solidly. cant wait to taste it!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #1387
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just brewed this two-ish weeks ago. Going home to dry-hop it this weekend. It's going to be dry-hopping for 2 weeks, so I'm thinking I should only need .25-.5 oz. Sound about right?

Edit: I'd like to add that I got 1.060 (86% efficiency) on my brew. Almost my highest yet (the brew I did the day after I brewed this got 87% lol)

Bottled: Ó Flannagáin Standard, Random Stout, Nut Brown, Edwort's Rye IPA, Milk Stout + Coffee Milk Stout, Centennial Blonde, Pale Ale, Cthulhu Dementia Robust Porter, Nyarlathotep (I)IIPA, Willamette IPA parti-gyle, Indian Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Blueberry Oatmeal Stout, Barely Legal IIPA, Oatmeal Stout 2, Hazelnut Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Planned: RIS, Coconut Porter

Last edited by DavidSteel; 02-17-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #1388
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdjb View Post
For those of you that used the pre-built recipe at Brewmasters Warehouse, did you just follow the same hope schedule from the original recipe? I ask because I noticed the hops from Brewmasters Warehouse were 5.4% AA but the original recipe was using 6.6% AA hops.

Will the lower AA's make a big difference?
Just checked this thread......

The AA makes the largest difference at the bittering add. Maybe up the 60 to compensate for the lower AA and reduce the 30 min.

I brew a similar recipe and have been FWHing and skipping the 60 min add altogether.

My schedule for a 10 gallon batch goes something like:

2 oz FWH
2 oz 10
2 oz 5
2 oz 1
and .5 oz dry hop

Old 02-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #1389
MilwaukeeBrewGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSteel View Post
Just brewed this two-ish weeks ago. Going home to dry-hop it this weekend. It's going to be dry-hopping for 2 weeks, so I'm thinking I should only need .25-.5 oz. Sound about right?
I dry hopped for 2 weeks with about .75 oz and it was great. Maybe just a touch on the high side. I would do .50 oz next time i think just to put more focus onto that wonderful malt character.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #1390
inspector13
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just popped the cap on the first bottle. This is a very nice beer. Thanks Ed

Cheers

Quick Reply