Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - AG Cream Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #71
sok454
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Which recipe did u use? The first one listed?

Started brewing October 2012 with the Irish Car Bomb Stout (extract)

June 2013 Moved to BIAB/Partial Mash

August 2013 Moved to Full Mash 5 Gal MT

August 2013 Russian Imperial Stout "Time Warp Tongue Tickler" won Gold at local brew competition. Only 12 weeks from brew date!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #72
brewmasterbates
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Yes, Yoopers first post recipe. Very basic. We did have to adjust our mash PH, as with many yellow beers, was not enough lactic acid on it's own. And we adjusted our local water according to PH balance. But everything else, we did just as she instructed. Nice, crisp, dry finish. And 6% is perfect. We're already planning to make another 12 gallons of this in a few weeks. Ground squirrel away a keg or 2 for winter blues.

currently on tap:
Octoberfest
Yoopers Cream Ale
"in the hole"
Rye pale ale

Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #73
sok454
Recipes 

is it close to spotted cow? i'm not a fan but all my friends salivate if you say the name...and being in IL its not available.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #74
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4272 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmasterbates View Post
OK, so let me say... this recipe is F'ing outstanding. We set this on the Co2 about 8 days ago, brewed maybe 4 weeks ago. Last night as we brewed a red IPA, we got into the Yooper cream ale for first time. We are just in love with this stuff. Brought over a neighbor just to make sure we're not gaga over this because we made it.. he was floored, and so was his wife, who doesn't drink beer/ale. This is great. Ours has an ABV of 6% though. I just had 3 pints, and I am feelin it. Once again, i would totally reccomend thisrecipe. It's tremendous.
I'm glad you like it! I have just a little bit left and it's supposed to be 91 today, so I have a feeling we'll be finishing it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sok454 View Post
is it close to spotted cow? i'm not a fan but all my friends salivate if you say the name...and being in IL its not available.
No, it's not like Spotted Cow. Spotted Cow has a lighter body and feel- it's got corn in it to help with that. Spotted Cow is more like Biermunchers "Cream of Three Crops", except with all corn instead of rice and corn.
brewmasterbates Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #75
brewmasterbates
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I just filled 8 grolsch bottles with the remainer of this 3 gallon keg, just so we could get keg 2 on the Co2. Curious how the glass will soften the flavor. I do notice, even bottling off the keg, the ale actually bottle conditions after being out of the stainless steel keg.

currently on tap:
Octoberfest
Yoopers Cream Ale
"in the hole"
Rye pale ale

Old 09-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #76
sok454
Recipes 

So what did your guy's taste like after the boil? I just tasted it and its sweet w just a little bit of hops on the end. Not bad actually....

August 2013 Russian Imperial Stout "Time Warp Tongue Tickler" won Gold at local brew competition. Only 12 weeks from brew date!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #77
brewmasterbates
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

ours was pretty sweet as well, but finished off very dry & crisp. I am actually starting to think we're more in the 6.5% to 7% ABV range. I have one of these and I can feel it. Our efficiency has been up in the 75% area. We seem to be extracting uber amounts of sugars from our grains. Thing is, if this is around 6.5/7% range... you'd never know it by the taste. All in all, this grain bill, combined with this yeast, just works really well together. A perfect marraige so to speak. Sometimes, you find a great combo, I would say this is one.. for us anyhow.

currently on tap:
Octoberfest
Yoopers Cream Ale
"in the hole"
Rye pale ale

Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #78
brewmasterbates
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hate to be juvenile, oh hell.. no I don't.lolol, I just had 2 pints of this after mowig the lawn in 85 degree heat & 100% humidity & a shower. I just about walked into the wall in my dining room... My numbers on this say it is 6%, but my brain says this is easily in the range of 7/7.5%... how can our actual readings be that far off? Is it possible for ale in the 6% range to rockzor your soxzors off in yay such a manner?

currently on tap:
Octoberfest
Yoopers Cream Ale
"in the hole"
Rye pale ale

Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #79
TrustyOlJohnson
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 97 Posts

Yesterday I was at my brothers re roofing his garage. All day in the sun. Had to stop for about 15 at one point cause I was just to hot to continue!! Came home after about 10 hours in the sun and sat outside, waiting for my turn for the shower. I had one of these. Bottles it about three weeks ago. After one( JUST ONE!!) I stood up and had to sit right back down. I was pretty much hammered!! You gotta be careful when drinkin a Yoopers AG American Cream Ale

Old 09-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #80
sok454
Recipes 

Did a check today and the reading was already down to 1.028 from 1.049. Tastes like 'beer' that my friends would like.

image-69040958.jpg  

Quick Reply