Cream Ale AG Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took off after about 10 hours. I went into the garage and saw the ferm cabinet dripping!!! My quarter sanke keg was erupting. I had some kind of problem with the coupler (I have ball fittings on the coupler and use a spunding valve) and it wasn't venting. Beer was therefore coming up the spear and oozing out of the safety. I lost about half a gallon I estimate. For now it has a bubbler on it but I like doing these under slight pressure; seem cleaner tasting and makes transferring to serving keg easier.

:smack:

Yooper, help me out. You have two different Cream Ales that both seem pretty popular on here. Can you tell me which you consider better or maybe even describe the difference? Here are the recipes:

The other recipe of yours.

7 lbs Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 70.00 %
3 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) UK (1.0 SRM) Grain 30.00 %
0.50 oz Pearle [8.40 %] (60 min) Hops 14.4 IBU
0.50 oz Tettnang [4.20 %] (45 min) Hops 6.6 IBU
0.50 oz Tettnang [4.20 %] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs Safale US-05 (Fermentis #US-05) Yeast-Ale

This thread and recipe

8 pounds maris otter
1 pound flaked corn
8 ounces biscuit malt
8 ounces carapils

1 ounces hersbrucker (60)
1/2 ounce saaz (10)
1/2 ounce saaz (flameout)

Mash at 150 for 75 minutes

Brewin this grain bill tonight, cept i swapped out the biscuit for a smaller amount of honey malt.
we'll see how it turns out with northern brewer hops for bittering, and no late hop additions...
tried to get wlp080 but the lhbs didnt carry it. gonna try pacific ale...very interested to taste the character of that one!!
will try the base beer and determine if i want to add vanilla...was also contemplating a dry hop with huell melon....but i want the strawberry character not the melon character, so i may smell them and see if they'll work. cheers!! :)

haha...was possibly thinkin of putting some lactose, if i did vanilla, but wouldnt combine with the dry hop, then the beer would be too busy.
even tho it's not to style, i like my cream ales to taste like cream soda!!

Back